New to LST meathod, got a few light questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bowlberner, Jan 20, 2014.

1. ok so i'm getting back in the game after a few years on hiatus. This time tho i'm going to try LST in a bubbleponics system, my grow chamber is 2x2x2, since this is a new technique to me i have a few questions for you more crafty folks.. If i am using the tie down LST meathod do i need light from the side? I'm thinking of using 1 100w hps from above and a couple of 23 w (1600 lumens each) cfl's haging to get the sides. Do i need the cfl's with this amount of space and the hps giving off 10000 lumens?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. And as i said this is my first time with this meathod so all you experienced super beasts out there feel free to flood me with any helpfull info. on LST.

2. There are a lot of different methods of lst. I see a lot of people doing vertical lst, that would require lighting from the side. Most typical lst is just training the plant so that you keep the canopy nice and even so the light hits the max amount of bud sites evenly. Hope this makes sense, there are several threats around here that go into much more detail!

3. No need for side lighting unless your grow space has dark corners. The idea of LST is to expose more budsites to the light from above, so that they grow up and create an even canopy of multiple tops.

4. OK this is what I thought, I was going to go with the ''you can never have too much light'' aproach but I feel heat is goons be a bit of an issue in such a small space so I want to limit the amount of heat sources.