New to Long Flower Sativa

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by Mr Sticky Fingers, Jul 19, 2015.

1. I've been growing smaller, Indica dominant strains but I have a G13 Haze plant 10 weeks into flower in my greenhouse in Hawaii. I've never grown a plant like this so I have a couple of questions about it. This plant is over 8 feet tall and is a 12-14 week bloomer. It looks good but I'm seeing something I don't see in my Indica plants.....small leaves in the buds are dying and browning out. I'm pruning them as I go to avoid the possibility of mold or other decay. This plant promises to present a significant yield so I want to treat her well. Any advice about caring for long bloom Sativas in the later stages?

Attached Files:

2. Patience and lots of it, to your advantage tho ...is this strain is almost at home here, even if in a greenhouse, take seeds as much of the sativa requires some time for the genotype to adapt correctly to its location and climate ..lol
    with me it took 2-3 generations(2 years?) ... then once adapted she will mature and produce just as quickly as if she was an indica

ps have good venting and perhaps not so much water ...when the Pm angel visits

3. I got major ventilation but it still gets over 100 degrees at peak. I'm not going to breed this plant, it's from feminized seed a buddy gave me. I LOVE the scent of this plant and I like the idea of being able to produce something nobody else in my area is able to produce. It makes me "popular".
    Is the instinctive pruning I'm doing a good move? I have 3 more coming up but I started flower earlier so they wouldn't get so tall. Is this plant a molder in the late stages, if so I'll run my dehumidifier full tilt. I WANT the product off this plant, don't need any unhappy endings.

4. You should be good until cure, the sativa indica cross of G13 Haze was best done by Barneys Farm is very popular in Ha, and has good Pm tolerance

...good luck

5. Spraying with Serenade Optimum or at least the regular garden store Serenade throughout your veg and bloom will protect you from PM and botrytis. Botrytis is what will rot your flowers.

These long flowering plants (congrats! she looks beautiful) have more opportunity to develop issues because the sheer time they take to finish.

I don't know if you were able to apply Serenade this time, but I would seriously consider it for future grows, especially for any plant that produces fat flowers and for any long flowering plant.

I know the common practice is to not spray during flower but the bacillus subtilis, the active ingredient in Serenade is just what you want on your flowers, and why you should be spraying from the beginning. By keeping that population high on your plants, it will compete for real estate with botrytis and effectively bar it from establishing a colony. It is not rain, humidity or moisture that produces bud rot, it is botrytis expressing itself under the right conditions.

Good luck.