new to indoor questions about pc case, cfls and growing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stoneybeach, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Hello everyone, I recently got my medical recommendation and have always wanted to grow indoor so I figure why the hell not..
    I will have to keep it in a pc grow box but I figure that is better than nothing. I have a few questions with my set up. I have decided to go with cfls. My veg lights are 4x42w 6500k cfls and my flowering lights are going to be 4x42 2700k cfls. I was at the local hardware store today and saw some 2700k 23w bulbs for a dollar each so i figured the more the merrier I grabbed 4.
    My first question is can I incorporate the 23w 2700k bulbs into my veg or would this be a bad idea? my other question is just the opposite I am wondering if I can incorporate some of my 6500k 42w bulbs when I start to flower? Or should I go with all 2700k cfls
    I was reading a thread on a pc grow box and it said that fan placement (intake outtake) was very important and should be done a specific way. Are there any suggestions on that?
    My next questions involve ferts and soil. I have decided to go with soil because it will be in a pc case and I picked out fox farm ocean forrest, my first question is will I need to add ferts to the water? If so please suggest a few that will help me out.
    My next questions have to do with the screen of green method or scrog. How far from the lights should I place the screen?
    Are there any techniques that i need to start the plant off with or should I place the screen above the plant and just keep tucking the branches under as they come through?
    Thanks for any feedback you have, I really want to do this right and learn as much as I can for future grows so if anyone has any tips tricks or suggestions please let me know