New to indoor growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Niteize87, Mar 17, 2022.

1. I'm a medical marijuana cardholder and I'm going broke trying to keep my supply .
    I'm new to indoor growing I've grown a few in pots outdoors over the years so I never had to worry about lights and such but I'm curious what's the lowest wattage led grow light I can use to grow 1 single plant ?

2. 150 actual watts.........not equivalents.

3. How big of plant are you trying to grow/how much out of this one plant are you trying to get. Some people grow 2 plants in an area some people grow 4. The best way to find what kind of light you want is to figure out the area you want to cover such as 1'x1', 2'x2'... A large amount of led lights are sold as 4000wats that only truly draw 400 or less. I'm sorry to answer your question with questions but specifics will help you not waste money on lights that don't fit your needs.

Sent from my BE2028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. If you are going broke buying medical marijuana 1 good harvest every 4 months can bring you at least 2 pounds if you invest maybe 350 bucks not counting the seeds or the 50 a month power bill or more pretty good trade off but if you skimp on lighting you save a little money and lose a bunch of medicine

5. 1 400 watt hps will grow around 8 ounces and costs around 125 1 600 will grow 12 as far as LED its at least 4 or 500 for a decent one

6. I thought I was doing ok but I can't get you two pounds every 4 months on a $350 investment, so I'll sit back and take notes.

7. well 2 600 watts hps combo lights cost me 275 and my soil mix another 60 the 3 7 gallon pots I got on sale and I make my own nutrients for pennies

Attached Files:

8. 150 Actual watts is a great place to start looking. They are not all the same though so find something that fits your grow area.

9. #9 Saint Duck, Mar 17, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    My 120-150 actual watt LED set at 120 can get me 3-6 ounces in a 2x2 from 1 plant. My 480w led in my 4x4 with 4 plants has gotten 16-25 ounces. Per grow. Varies for many reasons. My first was 23 Oz from four plants, my second was 16.
    Edit, I veg for 6 weeks, flower for at least 10,dry for 1, then cure for 4. So total 21-22 weeks till ready per crop. Once the initial setup cost is done the per crop cost is minimal. Seeds and soil mix are all you really need for crop 2 and 3. My initial crop paid for my setup 6X over compared to buying the equivalent amount street or dispensary. So far 4 plants has supplied what I use in 5+ months between crops being ready. The fifth in the 2x2 is for variety and backup just in case.

• Like Like x 1