New to Indoor, Best nutrients?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JmJ, Mar 5, 2013.

1. I've been researching nutrients for hydroponics/ but cannot decide. I am interested in Advanced Nutrients but there are so many to choose from. I know someone who's used General Hydroponics and heard it was good too. I would like to get some opinions on the best solutions for the money. I don't want any of that fancy crap and end up spending hundreds of dollars. Thanks in advance!

2. Advanced nutrients may be tailored to suit marijuana (as they claim), but it's kind of expensive.

All nutrients are pretty much acceptable. There are a few that really aren't great, but any high quality nutrients will be good.

I personally use 1 part formulas to spare myself the hassle of mixing ratios. This works out a lot better for me, because I don't run out of a single part of my formula and have half the bottles of the rest left.

I've used Dyna-Gro and CNS 17, and I've been sticking with CNS 17. Dyna-gro had an issue of solids forming in the bottom of the container and causing deficiencies in my plants. CNS 17 is pretty awesome, but it requires some extensive dissolving. I usually throw a small pump into the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket and let it run for at least an hour or two, to fully dissolve the nutrients. CNS 17 is thick and without dissolving it completely, it'll cause salt buildups on your medium. Other than that, it's super cheap and works awesome. Hardly ever have to PH the stuff.

3. Pura vida organic grow and bloom. No need for runoff and no need to flush. It's made of kelp seaweed and shit like that. Amazing stuff IMO blows away that over marketed garbage advanced chemical nutrient crap.

No offense to anyone using an but I think it's trash