New to hydro please help

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Jordan21, Oct 17, 2010.

1. I have done 1 micro grow in the past and i was wondering about hydroponics. The micro i did was in soil and i want to try hydro. So can you guys tell me everything i need to know about it

2. well, that's quite a question/request. do you think you could be more specific on what you need to know? There is a lot of info on this site about hydro, I would start in the "absolute beginner" section, but if you have specific questions, let us know what they are and we'll try to help.

also, might I recommend the Jorge Cervantes indoor/outdoor medical grow bible, it's a great resource. ALso, a book called Grow Great Marijuana: an uncomplicated guide to growing the worlds greatest marijuana. these 2 books will tell you almost everything you need to know, and not just about hydroponics.

good luck

3. #3 Dr RealGood, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2010
    Nobody on here can just tell you everything you need to know about hydro. Do some searching and check out the stickies, like this one Bubble Bucket 101, and get back to us when you have some more specific questions. Not just "tell me everything"

If you aren't prepared to put in the work to learn how to grow Hydroponically, how do you expect to put in all the work to actually do it.

4. Also - good resources in Budslinger and Rumple's DIYs on Bubble Buckets

5. I sure can. Go to www.grasscity.c oh wait, you are already here. Shouldn't have to ask a question like that with a resource like these boards at your fingertips. Read all of the stickies in all of the forums, and then go to the hydroponic grow journal forums and read the journals, look for a setup like you would like to do, and that journal will be filled with all kinds of details that will interest you. Seriously, do some reading here and you will learn most of what you need to know. No one here is going to post a huge reply with all details of stuff that are all over these forums. After reading a ton, come back and ask the few questions you have left that tie everything together.

Also, once you have a plan, and the knowledge to get it started, nothing will beat the experience you earn while actually growing. I read for 3 months, thought I had everything down, but learned more from my 1st real grow than almost everything I learned from reading.

Good Luck. :smoke:

6. #6 Tayanissa, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2010
    I personally learned how to set up a DWC=Deep Water Culture AKA a Bubble Bucket from youtube then i just went to the local hydro store and got the Fox Farm Trio Nute's and followed Directions. I have 5 Really Nice Plants going now

DONT USE THIS

Miracle Grow: Many people insist on trying to use miracle grow plant food as a hydroponic nutrient. It is true that this is great stuff for soil, I personally use it on my flowers, grown in the dirt garden, and man do they freak out. Let me stress though, this stuff is not a complete nutrient for hydroponics. It does contain some micro elements, but not all. Your plants will start out fine using this, but eventually they will suffer from deficiencies. In the long run it is not worth the cost savings over a real hydroponic nutrient. The analogy would be something like buying a brand new corvette and then having the cheapest tires put on it and filling up with the cheapest gasoline. You will not even come close to getting the performance that is possible.

Here is a nice link to introduce you to growing HYDRO
    http://www.weedfarmer.com/cannabis/