new to Hydro growing

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by chimera, Jun 8, 2006.

1. <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 15.6pt; HEIGHT: 14.4pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://forum.grasscity.com/images/smilies/stonedsmilie.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\DAVEL~1.HOU\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>I have set up my bubble system and have germinated my seeds, now I need to know if the following nuets solution will keep my baby's happy. I started my plants on a 1/4 of the recommend solution and plan on taking them up to 90% of max for each stage. I will be flushing every 10 days. i.e. dumping old then flush thoroughly with water and adding new nuets. As my reservoir gets low during those ten days I will add more solution at the same levels. Will this keep me from feeding and lock out due to salt build-up without going to the added expense of getting an ec meter?:smoking: <o:p></o:p>

2. I was looking around and found this post I made when I first started hydro, so its time to answer my own question.

Don't be an idiot, get a tds/eC meter, its a must, if you can't afford the meter then you might as well give up on growing hydro cause unless you are extremely lucky you'll kill or hermie your plants.

No need to reply, however an occsional bump to keep it current would be helpful to others i think, cause I was an idiot back then, but I learned fast and only killed 2 of 4 plants the other 2 I hermied, it smoked but was shit full of seeds. Oh, I got my meters half way thru the grow, if I hadn't I would of been 0 for 4 and a very unhappy camper.

My Current grow:http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/131440-12-12-harvest-pics-update-weekly.html

3. so in 6mths u have become an expert? :D

4. LOL! Nice one! He's gone pro!

5. I belive the correct term is uber pro thank you.