new to growing..

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by swollenblunts, Apr 23, 2010.

1. I spend mad money on smoking pot.. i figured that all the money im spending on it i could spend on the the materials to grow it... i want to grown in a closet in my house... I heard the best kind of light 2 get is hps.. i want to grow any where from 2-5 plants.. i need to know where can i get the hps light from and how many would i need for at least 2 or 3 plants and what watts i should get..... ty

2. How bigs your space?

If its quite small I would go with a 250W HPS and do probably 3 plants, or 6 in a sea of green.

3. High Tech Garden Supply

Lots of people get their light systems from them and grow some kick ass stuff.

I would strongly recommend reading the threads in my sig though to get a grasp on the basics before you even begin. The more you read on here, the better that first grow will go.

Personally, I would be more worried about how you will ventilate your closet if you do decide to get a HID light system. If you want to go with CFL's, read the second link in my sig.

4. its fairly big... i rather do about three plants.. so i should be good with 250w?? another question can i buy a hps from like lowes or homedepot or do i have to order from the net

5. Home depot, menards, wherever is fine, just make sure you get the correct ballast and bulbs. But like others said, I would have a good long read, spend at least a weeks worth reading, and then make your purchases. Alot of the things you buy for growing can be made at home for a 1/4 of the cost. Ask questions, and read the stickies and you should be good.!

6. I cannot stress the importance of reading everything you can on these forums.

After being on the forums for about a week, I thought I could start growing like a master. 5 months of hard reading later, I'm still learning.

Read. It will help.

7. it takes time and patience plent of grow to get your to practice till you think you are growing the best way you know how to!

Grasscity Deals Near You