New to Growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MAgrowing96, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and to growing. Just wanted to post a few pictures of my plants. 12 days since I began germinating seeds, 8 days since the first plant sprouted. Do you guys think I should move them to bigger containers or leave them for a little while longer? And how can I stop the tall one from drooping over?[​IMG][​IMG]

2. I'm growing indoors using LED lighting by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. They look to be stretching quite a bit. How far is the light from the plant tops. You from Mass? Just guessing because of your screen name. You could re-pot if you want but be careful not to damage the roots. If you had more room in the cups you could add more soil to bury the stem. I had a stretching issue and they were about your size and didn't want to transplant so soon so a added a collar to my cups. Check out my journal. You'll see what I mean. You can support the stem too. Also a fan blowing on them will toughen up the stem. But when you do transplant, bury the stem . Leave about an inch between soil and the leaves.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Awesome, thank you so much those are great tips. And my lights are a little more than a foot above my plants, is that too high? I'll definitely checkout your journal too.

5. I know some LED lights can be harsh and burn the plants if too close. I'm not an LED guy, but what light do you use?

6. It's a Tao Tronics Led Grow Light, I got it on Amazon, it doesn't get hot at all I just don't know if the lights too harsh

7. I'd move it down a couple inches and keep an eye on them they aren't showing any sign of leaf burn or heat issues.