new to growing, wana know about HPS bulb.

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by Toke-ologist, Jun 27, 2004.

1. I purchased a 400 watt HPS bulb the other day at home depot, but the people there couldnt help me worth shit, i needed a lamp that the bulb would work in indoors, but they just kept showin me outdoor floodlights. I have a small setup, in my cabinet under the fish tank. lol
    But the real question is, does anyone know where i can get a lamp that will be small enough to fit in my cabinet for growing?

2. Dude you need a reflector and a ballast to power the bulb. You can't just plug it into a lamp.........

You're atleast 150 or so away from having a grow light.

Sorry.

3. "Hey man, i just told my parents i was in a growing mood and went and bought a jiffy planter, and some tomato and catnip seeds. They have no idea what catnip looks like, so im just tellin em the weed is catnip. They even gave me money to go get supplies, like a grow light and ferts." - from "will my set up work"

^^^^You have GOT to be kidding me man. You honestly think you're parents have no idea what pot smells like, no idea that a 5 leaved plant might be pot, and that they'll think the buds you're smoking are catnip.

LMFAO!!!!!!

.........Long story short.... Read the other post, if you're growing in your parents house you aren't going to get much help from us. We don't like to send parents to prison.

4. I'm growin them to about a foot them transplantin them outdoors, far away from their property.

I also have a fluorescent "plant" light. Its a 24" and has a 750 lumen output. Do i need more, or should i wait til the plants get a lil bigger.

Like i said, im just tryin to get them past the germination stage, and mb a couple weeks of vegn then out they go. Any help or input u have would be appreciated.

Also i know my parents have no clue what weed smells like. They are nieve, and i know this b/c they are such "moral" people they've never been around anything like weed.

5. "I'm growin them to about a foot them transplantin them outdoors, far away from their property."

Ok, I hear ya. But you're a little late for this season. If you put 1 foot plants outside right now, they might finish in time. But there's pretty much no way you're going to squeeze in your harvest in time this summer. Most outdoor plants were started months ago.

"I also have a fluorescent "plant" light. Its a 24" and has a 750 lumen output. Do i need more, or should i wait til the plants get a lil bigger."

Are you sure it's floro or is it one of thoose "grow" lights like they sell at walmart. Halogen won't work. And you're going to need atleast 30 watts per sqaure foot to veg. <----And that's the very least.

"Like i said, im just tryin to get them past the germination stage, and mb a couple weeks of vegn then out they go. Any help or input u have would be appreciated."

I'm trying to help.

"Also i know my parents have no clue what weed smells like. They are nieve, and i know this b/c they are such "moral" people they've never been around anything like weed."

Are they moral people with no noses? If you're class of '04 that means your probally about 17 or 18. Which means the youngest your mom could be is about 32 (assuming she got pregnant at 14, and had you at 15). Ok so assuming she's 32 that means she was born in 72. So she would of been 16 in 88.

If she went to college in the 90's or left the house to go to clubs, she would have to know what weed smells like. Or hell, if she had friends in high school she would of had to be around somebody sometime smoking pot.

She CAN'T be as "moral" as you think she is...... come on man. Parents aren't dumb.

6. She turned 50 last year

7. So your mom was born around 54? That means she was 16 years old around 1969/1970.... She definately knows what pot smells like.

8. idk man, oh well, ill take the chance of gettin caught. i mean it dont start stinkin til flowerin anyway right? Oh and down here in sc, ive got until late october b4 it starts gettin cool. So i think i can get the crop in b4 frosts start settin in.

9. also, ive been hearin diff things about whether or not i should line the inside of the cabinet w/ alum foil. what u think?

10. Allunium foil is alright but you have to use the dull side of it. And if you get wrinkles in it, it'll burn the shit outta your plants. (Well, technically it'll hot spot your plants.)

You might be able to get it done in time, but it's going to be hard. Indoors you can switch the light schedule to 12/12, outside you kinda have to wait it out. Start your seedlings under 24 hours constant light. Then when they go outside it'll be a bigger shock to them and probally cause the to start flowering.

11. plants will stink in as early as 2 weeks. i think you should take shorty's advice, dont do it in the 'rents house. especially if you think they are "moral" like. how do you think your parents would feel that they have a "druggy" on their hands? move out or go completely stealth, there are several good reads on it.

12. Alright, ive decided at the first smell of stank, ima transplant them, and move them outdoors.
    Thanks for the input.

13. hey dawg, just do that shit, if your parents ask you anything about slap her across her face adn be liek thats none if your business bitch. slam the door roll a joint and smoke it
    Werd Up
    Smoke a Blunt to the head

14. Definately man, u know ill invite you over! :-D smoke a 6gram titan!

15. i will roll it

16. That shit better be a tight blunt too. No more of them flimsy lil shits

17. shut your mouths and grow some plants ho

18. Ahh.... the memories of being 14 and knowing it all.

19. and then his dad can break down the door and smash his face in with a bat. Things aren't as easy as you think. You think his parents are gonna stand by and let him grow pot? The least they will do is wait till you leave and go in and pour straight chlorine into your pots. Good luck with it though. If I was him I would just confront your parents about it if they already know you smoke.

20. Oh that was my friend, he was just messin w/ me. He wants to ask my dad if he'll smoke a blunt. LOL i hope not while im still livin here.

Plus im goin back to school in a few months, so ill be outa the 'rents house.

Grasscity Deals Near You