new to growing plz help ty

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by timofthedead, Jun 18, 2010.

1. #1 timofthedead, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
    this is my first time growing buds..
    i didnt plan on growing it. i found a 3 foot tall bud plant in my back yard from throwing seeds when i smoke and i just transplante3d it to a 5g pot. and its been in my secret spot for about a week now and its still all wilted but its still green.( 2 of the bottom leafs are kinda turning yellow)?
    do u think it will recover.. or what should i give it to make a full recovery from the shock of moving it
    --when do u think it will start to show sings of male or female
    --what fertilizer do i need
    --is it to late to topple it(cutting the new leafs off the tops of it)

2. i water it every day with 1 or 2 .5 letter water bottles.
    is that to much or not enough.. and i dont fertlize it.. i just dont know what one to use..
    iv looked around and every one says dif stuff so i didnt wana kill her

3. heres some pics of it.........

Attached Files:

4. srry for double posting

Attached Files:

5. Stop watering immediately lol. My opinion is that it is over-watered. The best way to maintain a cannabis plant in a container is to fully saturate the soil with water (just basically water until it comes out of the drain holes), and then don't water again until it significantly dries out or starts showing signs of under-watering. A good method people use to judge their watering schedule, is to get a feel of how heavy your pots are right after full water saturation, and then when the soil is dry. There will be a considerable difference in weight.

When I transplanted my similar sized plant to a 5 gal. bucket I didn't have to water again for almost 2 weeks.

6. its over-watered let her dry out in between waterings

7. Actually, I feel I may have misled you on my advice.

Did you water after you transplanted? How long ago did you transplant? I just realized it would take like 20 half-liter bottles to saturate a 5 gal bucket, and if you didn't water immediately after transplant that could have seriously affected the plant. Watering after a transplant helps prevent the onset/severity of transplant shock, as well as helping the soil to 'settle' in.

Basically bottom line: You could be over-watering, but at the same time not watering enough. It could also be suffering from transplant shock, especially if you fucked up the roots and didn't water after transplant. The upper layer of soil is staying constantly wet, where as not enough water is reaching the lower levels, while at the same time the plant is suffering from transplant shock.

8. #8 TheGreenAvenger, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
    Also, please don't take my advice without other people weighing in, I am a first-time grower as well.

BUT, what I would do, if you only transplanted a couple days ago, and didn't saturate the soil afterwards, I would give your plant a FULL watering, and then don't touch it for at least a week.

Edit: For reference, I gave my plant about 6 - 8 Liters of water when I transplanted, and I actually believe my pot is less than 5 gal. (it's probably more like 4).

9. thanks you ur very help full
    it has been raining for the last week or so like ever other day or what ever
    and i transplanted it while it was storming(so no one was looking:devious:)
    ill try not watering it for a lil bit and see what happens

10. one more thing
    how soon will be able to tell if its a she or he
    seeds wernt feminized..i found the plant in my back yard
    i looked at where the nodes should be were like new leafs are coming out and it looks like theres 2 lil white hairs but it could be a new leaf
    so idk
    and what fertilizer should i use

11. haha just what you need, another newbie's advice... but here's a pic of what a female pre-flower looks like:

Attached Files:

12. It has more of a tapered and pointy tip than the male pre flower. Most of the time the male will have a taper that behaves kind of like a MJ seed (stubbier and with no white hairs coming out of the top.)

Also i agree with thegreenavenger. It's definitely a watering problem, but hard to tell whether it's over or under.

13. thank you u have been very kind
    i think it is a female then if thats what it looks like
    ill post a pic of that part tommow to be sure
    and i think its over watering
    iv been watering it every day and it has been rainy so ill stop and see what happens ty

14. Come to think of it, i've had a few of the males i ended up with (for experiment) looking exactly like that and i know for a fact that it was because of underwatering. But if it's been raining like that then overwatering is probably what it is.

Another contributing factor to the wilting is probably the fact that the rain clouds block out sunlight.

i wouldn't worry about it, good luck bro!

15. Let that plant dry out.when a plants soil is dry (to a certain point) it will allow the root system to stretch bigger.BIGGER THE ROOT THE MORE FRUIT