new to growing need some help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by InPurpleSmoke, Mar 19, 2013.

1. So I just took my seedling out of germination a few days ago it is currently under a 75 watt bulb on a 18/6 lighting cycle but 75 watts isnt enough right ?
    So I bought this GE reveal it is a 100 watt replacement it only uses 26 watts but it is 1570 lumens whatever that means
    Will this new bulb work ???

2. A 26 watt bulb will be enough to start but you'll want to get at least 100 watts per plant, and we're talking actual watts not equivalent wattage. Then of course you want bulbs with a color rating of 6500 k for veg and 2700 k for flower. The more light you can throw at it the better as long as you can handle the heat though.

3. Any particular bulbs you recommend?

4. I'd grab a switchable hid light if you could. If you want cfl's though, as long as they are the right spectrum they will work.

5. It's not really about what I'd recommend but what you need then what you can handle. First tell us how many plants, in what size space, if electric or heat is a problem, and if your trying to stick to a budget.

6. Still really young trying to up the chance of it being a female just on plant in a 4 foot by I think 12 foot closet I do plan to top this one but that will be another thread later on

ForumRunner_20130319_102709.png

7. Budget trying for about 200-300