New To Growing. Many Questions...please Help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cluelessguy333, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Hi, 
    I am completely new to growing cannabis. I have a lot of questions. I am trying to get a feel of what I will be able to grow as my money and space is very limited. I will be growing in a Dealerz "Cash Crop 3.0" the 3ft version. I will have the hydrophobic setup with a CO2 boost enhancer and a hanging herb dryer all installed into it. 
    The measurements of the grow box are: 36" T x 16" W x 9.5" D.
    Take a look here: http://www.dealzer.com/cash-crop.html

I want to grow these strains: 
    -Maui Waui
    -Island Sweet Skunk
    -Green Crack
    -Hindu Kush
    -Ice Cream
    -Super Lemon Haze

My questions are:

1) About how tall will each of these plants get to? I only have 3 ft in height available.
    2) How many feminized seeds will I need per plant? (I only plan on using feminized seeds)
    3) Will it be okay to dry my harvest inside of my grow box?
    4) Will I be able to comfortably grow all 6 of these strains at once inside of the grow box?
    5) How long will I have to cure before my harvest is smokable at minimum?
    6) Would it be okay to use a 1000 watt light bulb inside of the grow box? 
    7) Each of these strains are advertised as getting yields of 400+ grams per square meter. Can I expect that kind of yield per plant inside of the grow box and if not, what can I expect to get from each plant if all 6 strains are growing at once?

I know I'm asking a lot but like I side I have little to no knowledge on how to grow cannabis effectively. All help and insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. #2 lFourTwenty, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
    If you haven't ordered that cash crop thing yet, I recommend you dont..you will be pissed spending that much cash on that.

You won't be growing anything substantial in that thing, and theres no way you could use a 1000w in it. 3 feet tall dude? Come on lol

What you have here is an extremely overpriced clone box

3. The real reason I want it is because it is very discreet. I need to be able to hide the smell and it doesn't take up much space. Being able to hide the smell and my setup is my number 1 priority.

4. #4 snoopdog6502, Aug 11, 2014

Agree ^^^^^ Its kind of like a cheap toy.

Weak lighting so you upgrade that, then the ventilation will not be enough so you upgrade that.

Before long you could have made something 10 times better for the same price.

5. #5 lFourTwenty, Aug 11, 2014

Ok well if you are going to buy that, lower your expectations..alot. You might can grow one or 2 plants in there successfully but you will have to keep them short..maybe a scrog would work for you..there's no adding an HID light that's just out of the question for that size box. You could add some CFLs or maybe an LED. 

My main problem with this is the price..there's no way that setup is worth that much money, but if you already bought it I guess you're stuck with it. Personally I would have built something before I spent that much. I feel kinda bad for you dude that's a shit load of money to me.

1. They will get to whatever height you train them to be but the shorter you keep them the wider they will be. 3 feet is doable but it's not easy. I recommend at least 5 feet so you aren't constantly trying to find ways around it 

2. One seed per plant. Getting a non sprouting seed would be very unlucky, or at least it not common.

3. Yes, but keep your lights off.

4. No, you would struggle to grow 1 plant in an area that's less than 1 square foot. The fact that this company recommends 6 shows they either know nothing about growing marijuana, or they are preying on beginners.

5. Minimum none at all, you can smoke it as soon as it's dry enough to burn. But curing for a few weeks smoothes out the smoke.

6. Only if you want to convert it in to some sort of oven .

7. If each plant has about 5"x5" of room it just isn't going to work. It isn't a question of how much yield will you get, it's a question of will they survive long enough, and the answer probably not. If you grew one plant you could manage it but it depends on the light. If you had 100 watts of florescent lights in there you may get an ounce.

Forget co2, the plant will be so stunted and growth will have to be at a minimum, it just wouldn't use any more co2 than what is present in the air 

Then that box is not suitable. It doesn't show the carbon filter but it would have to be tiny for that pc fan to blow air through it. To handle the smell of a growing marijuana plant you need a proper filter and proper fan. That thing will stink the place out straight away

8. When people are looking to set up a grow but don't know where to start I always ask them to answer one of these questions so everything else can be built around it 

How much room can you dedicate to the grow?
    How much bud do you need per month?
    How much money can you spend on setting the grow up? 

Basically you need to work out your most limiting factor 

9. Use bag seeds run those. Get some practice cus your gonna fuck it up anyway

Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Hey man I grow in a 6ft tent and have problems. When I clicked on your link I spit my coffee out on my phone. Please dont purchase that thing. You have been forewarned 10 fold. That might be the biggest scam on the internet. My advice is poke around. Don't pull the trigger

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

My advice is quite the opposite. If you are going to invest 3 months in to something you don't want to take any unnecessary gambles with bag seed. Seeds are one of the cheapest parts of the grow. Why try and cheap out even further, when it's such a defining part of the grow

12. Never got my seed had no choice

13. I dont feel like losing money again so ill wait till i can get them in person

Pay the extra 10 bucks for guaranteed shipping in case you don't get them, the seedbank will resend your seeds.

15. I worked for the dealzer. Let me educate you.

For the money they want, you can make one hell of a set up and have extra money.

The Boxes Are wooden, Made From The Cheapest Import Wood They Can get. The wood is not treated in any way at all. More often than not, it is a cabinet finish, split core import made with rice hulls and glue. The latches are a cheap zinc. The paint is a generic rhino liner. The insulation I'd mylar coated bubble wrap. The fans are the cheapest computer fans you can get. The filter doesn't block the smell or the light at all. In fact, it causes the box to hold heat and makes it almost too hot for the plants to grow. Theven lights are power strips hung on chain with cheap cup hooks. The pump is a cheap pump from walmart for like 2$.

In total, the box costs the owner around 50$ to make. He has zero growing knowledge. He has zero business knowledge.

Buying from dealzer is the single worst move a new grower can make. It is an absolute rip off. I am ashamed I was ever associated with them. I left once I found out how horrible of a person the owner is.