New To Growing, Have A Few Questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jesse23, May 15, 2014.

1. #1 Jesse23, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    Hi, I am very new to growing and recently decided that I would give it a shot.

I collected bag seeds over time and grabbed 2 good looking seeds and germinated them using paper towel method. They both sprouted well and today I planted them in a plastic solo cup using Jiffy natural and organic starting soil. I plan on going to a nursery soon and picking up some fox farm soil to transfer the plants into.

I am planning on growing the plants outside in my backyard. I have a fairly big backyard with many bushes, vines and what not on one side.

The questions I have are:

How should I keep the plants small ( maybe like 2 1/2 - 3 feet) and bushy ?

How much will smell be an issue later on?

How often should I water the plants?

And really any other tips that would help me would be appreciated.

2. I don't know about controlling the size of an outdoor plant... wouldn't you want it to grow big? Yes, it will smell a bit when flowering. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless your neighbors are cops or there is a school on the other side of the fence. How often you water will depend on how often they need it. It can really vary with the weather, drainage, and size of plants. On a smokin hot summer month, it might want some water every day. If it's not so hot that the soil dries out right away, then maybe every 3 days outside.

3. 1. by topping or tieing the plants down
    2. outside is not as much of a issue as inside
    3. you water as the plant needs it,you want the soil moist,but not overwet.
    4. Read,Read and Read some more,feel free to contact me if you need some help :smoke:
    And enjoy your grow

4. Thanks for the replies guys :)

And also what should I be concerned with as far as nutrients?

I've read that Fox Farm soil should be great for a while but what will I have to do in the future?

5. I like a good liquid fertilizer such as Charlie carp or something similar

6. I have just a couple more questions,

When should I start adding fertilizer ?

And I know this is a little hard to answer but.. About how long should I expect the grow to take to harvest?