new to growing/first grow pics.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by elitechris, May 11, 2011.

1. #21 greenbudguy, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    When you say "vegged for 5 weeks" does that mean 5 weeks from sprouting or 5 weeks after the plant is mature? I read that a plant isn't considered mature until about the 2nd week so is it 5 weeks from seedlind or mature plant? Which would be about 7 weeks from sprouting. Or am I over thinking it?... haha

2. i ordered some fox farm trio nutes today.. im thinking of saving them for my next grow and experimenting with some other nutes i picked up some expert gardener all purpose plant food it says 15-30-15 lol cant beat 3 bucks but next grow im going all for farm and getting a mh/hps lights

3. wow nice plant man. mabe its cause you started out with less cfl's? i had all 12 when i started but who knows it could be the strain lol i hope mine gets bigger.. my gf's grow space has the same seed's in it and her plants look like my does ill take some pics when i go to her house later

4. so that would means i vegged from when it was mature till now for 3 weeks since i started from seed i think :confused: lol

5. #25 greenbudguy, May 12, 2011
    Haha sorry I'm probably looking too deep into terminology but I was just curious. Thank you for taking the time to clarify for me ands sorry if I confused you

6. #26 elitechris, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
    lol its all good:D what do you think of them nutes i got?

and is using horse poop any good? my dad has a ton of them haha

and i measured my grow cabinet today 60" high 27" wide and 22" deep

7. #27 greenbudguy, May 12, 2011
    They sound like good nutes. They should be good for flowering since it has such a high phosphorus level

8. #28 elitechris, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
    im hoping you would know how much to mix my plant is in a 5 gallon bucket and i water every 3 days (or longer/shoter when needed) i use about a half gallon to get decent run off the box dont show how much to mix what whould you mix to a whole gallon?

cross that out lol... im blind it says for constant feeding mix 1 fourth tea spoon with 1 gallon of water so im guessing thats full strength mabe i should start out with less? cause i have never used nutes till now

9. I would use a little less then a teaspoon per 5 gal of water. If you're measuring by the gallon, use little less then a quarter. Maybe even 1/8

10. k will do. on average how much bigger does a plant get after you start flowering? im just wondering lol and my plant still has onmost no smell when will it smell bad? thanks for all your help man much appreciated:wave:

11. #31 greenbudguy, May 12, 2011
    Plants will usually grow 2 or 2.5 times the size during flowering and will usually start smelling after a week maybe. Its different with every plant. Even the same strain, some will smell a lot, others not as much. If you have any questions, feel free to message me on here and I'll answer to the best of my knowledge. I'm still a noob as well but I'll help any way I can

12. 2011-05-12 17.04.33.jpg
    2011-05-12 17.04.48.jpg
    my girlfriends plant lol i think she topped it to early she plans on vegging for 5 more weeks untill she flowers

13. #33 greenbudguy, May 12, 2011
    Should be good if she is vegging another 5 weeks

14. heres a update shes looking good getting nice and bushy:D started her on some nutes today. let me know what you think and is roots showing in the soil normal?

.. ill add pics later for some reason my internets acting up

15. #35 greenbudguy, May 14, 2011
    Roots are showing on the top surface?

16. stem (2).jpg
    stem (1).jpg
    yea it looks green i dont know why or what caused it

17. just top it off with some soil

18. k i will thanks

19. Yeah because light and/or air will kill the root usually

20. not if you have high humidity
    then they just turn green and do their thing