New to growing. Any tips?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jrmpiper, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Here is my set up that I just put together. I know the bowl is real small for 3 plants but do you think it will be okay for 3 weeks until I move into my new apartment? Also how do you think my plants look? I just recently moved them indoors after starting them on a half indoor / half outdoor based growing cycle. My lamp is a 25w bulb that said it emits 1500 lumens which I have no idea what that means. But yeah any comments? Thanks! ;) o im also using miracle gro to feed them.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

2. First of all, you never want to plant more than one seed in one pot, the root systems will get fucked.

MG is terrible for growing because of the time release nuts. If its all you have though, its all you have.

I would suggest getting a better light for growing, you can go buy a 2700k 23+ watt CFL for cheap.

So based on your "light cycle" you are now flowering it? 12 hrs light 12 hrs dark?

3. If you'd like my 2 cents I say just kill the grow, start again when you move into your new apartment. In the mean time pick up a book that's called The Cannabis Grow Bible. You can find it at almost any mainstream retail bookstore.

If you're really not that serious about growing kill two of your three plants and look up "LST" and use that method for one plant. And PLEASE conciser buying a 150w HPS light system(you can find then very cheap) when you switch to flowering. If not, buy one million CFLs and get them as close as you can to the plant without actually touching the plant.

4. Read all the stickies, they provide an endless amount of knowledge.