New to growing and got some questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by webefreshyo, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Hi, im gonna start growing with a friend of mine and i was kinda wondering what all i needed to get started, lights fertilizer etc...

I need some more info on the different types of indoor growing(the only 2 i know of that exist is hydro and traditional growing)

It'd be great if you guys could recommend different supplies and how to do it right without being stupid about.

Thanks for the help in advance and happy smokin!:smoking:

2. gooooooooooooooooooooogle.com

Read the tutorials...
    You want someone to just respond to your post with a complete and perfect guide full of info? Do research man.
    Read as much as possible.

3. This is coming from a professional horticultural consultant:

Spend 20 some odd dollars on a bible, take a couple weeks to read it from front to back, wait a week and re-read the entire thing.

Congratulations! you now know more about growing plants than most of these confused people.

4. How much money are you trying to spend? Are you going to grow in a warehouse? Or a closet? Are you going to be able to attend to them on a daily basis? What climate do you live in? I assume this is for personal use so you should look into which strains have which characteristics.

I'd grow in bubble buckets. They grow plants really fast, and they're cheap to make.

Look for a thread called let's build a bubble bucket.

You need fertilizer. In that same thread, you'll find info on that.

Ahh fuck it.

Just look at the guy who started that thread, and spend as much money as you can trying to do exactly what he does. You can see the whole shit from start to finish.

If you know what you're doing, and have a reasonable amount of common sense, money, and time, then you should be harvesting a plant in a few months.
    Hope it turns out good.

Don't be discouraged by the rude people here.

I've never seen so many assholes on one forum, I mean, everyone knows that you should search for information, but it can be overwhelming when your don't know jack shit and all your questions are vague.

You'd think that a bunch of stoners would be laid back, but go figure. Everyone thinks they're some kind of big shit and get kicks out of being rude online, when the whole fucking point of this site seems to be to help people grow pot.

Maybe I'm wrong. But I doubt it.

Good luck w/ the plants.

worldwidemarijuanaseeds.com is a great place to research strains.

5. thanks for the advice on the bible and the idea to check that one thread! I'll check em both out right away

6. Sorry for the cut and paste....

Bag seeds are a good place to start. You only need a few things to get up and going. the main thing you need to a willingness to take action. You'll also need the basics. 1 bag of potting soil. 1 light socket. 1 power cord. These two can be had for about 8 bucks. Just look for a lamp kit at the hardware store. While you are there, look for a "Y" adapter, and you don't even need that. 2 CFL bulbs. 1 Container 1.2 to 5 gallons large. Seeds, you have some of those already.

Once you have these items, you are set. However, if you don't want anyone to see the plant, you'll need a place to hide the place, light, cord, etc. Easy places are in the back of a closet. In a deep dresser drawer, like a desk drawer. I've hear people growing under the bed in a shoe storage box.

From there you can plant your seed in the soil in the container under the bed placing the CFL light 2-3 inches above the plant. keep the soil moist. Once the seed germinates and you see the 1st set of leaves, you have a decision to make. Are you going to grow the plant in a vegetative state under 24 or 18 hours of light, or go straight to flowering with a 12 hour dark cycle? This may require an addition purchase of a household timer. It's your choice.

Once these steps are taken, you're on your way...