New to Grasscity....uh, hello!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by caseyJ, Sep 9, 2012.

1. #1 caseyJ, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2012
    Total beginner, but I want to grow some seriously awesome weed! Everything I need to get started has either already been purchased or is on it's way. An out of the way corner in the basement of my house is in the process of being transformed into a lush garden of the most potent, mysterious, controversial, and beautiful plant in the world. I also plan to grow outdoors next year, guerrilla style.

My heart, brain, time, and wallet are totally committed to making my marijuana garden dreams a reality. I have researched growing weed for countless hours on the internet, and have thought about how to apply what I have learned to my indoor and outdoor garden areas. I realize I am a total rookie and my first grow probably won't be as great as expected, but my long term goals are optimum weed quality, potency, aesthetic beauty, and yield per square inch of space I have available.

I even researched different forums I should join, and there are a lot out there, but I decided to go with Grasscity for starters; it looks like a great, fun site.

My indoor garden, what will be my "weed room", will be a 3'X6' area. My babies will grow under a single 600W Earth Worth grow light. It comes with a HPS bulb, but want to get a MH bulb for vegging after my first grow. My growing medium is a mixture of Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Happy Frog potting soil 50/50, with about 20% (volume) added Perlite. In all have 36 gallons of soil to begin with.

I ordered my seeds from Attitude Seed Bank, 5-White Widow and 5-Outlaw (both are Dutch Passion Strains, Outlaw being one of the newest DP strains) Also got 6 free feminized seeds, including OG Kush, Trainwreck, and Chemdawg, so if they germ and sex right, I got a frickin' awesome deal!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and chime in as things progress. I actually have a serious question, but can't write it out now because I don't have time, so I'll ask when I get back from church.

2. Oooh! Please post pictures when you can! And welcome! I'll be subbing to this be sure to keep us up to date!.

3. I will. I love taking pics of the things I adore. There is something about weed-the live plants from germination and harvest, to the pristine, dried, THC packed buds of all the different strains-that is so pleasing and attractive to the senses. Oh yeah, there will be pictures, you can count on that!

4. always happy to hear someone else taking the plunge into growing.

welcome to gc. :D

5. Thanks for showing up to Grass City. While I don't know if it's a good idea, there are other forums that have been righteous for me - IcMag, RollItUp.

Good luck and keep in touch!