New to Grasscity: Have a few questions.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Echoes11590, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Hello everybody i was looking to get some peoples advice on a few things that have been picking my brain lately. I have just grown and harvested my plant from my first grow. I started the plant outside sometime in september or late august when it was just a seedling. after it had grown to about 5-6inches i decided to try growing inside. with my lack of proper knowledge i ended up getting the wrong light. soon enough i decided after some online research that i would get a flourescent grow bulb since it used little energy and doesnt put off much heat, good for a newbie. after the plant began looking sick from the crappy soil i was using, so I bought some fox farm ocean forest floor. Shortly after the plant began to show amazing improvement. I bought my 125 watt flourescent bulb and it was growing fast. i vegged for roughly 3 months it got about 4 feet and bout 1'1/2-2' wide. I bought my flowering light and began that stage. Shortly before this i had started using some nutrients my buddy had given me. i feel like these had started to damage the plant so i began laying off them. i also realized i hadnt provided any type of proper drainage so all the nutes i had put it in where probably still sitting at the bottom of my 5 gallon bucket. After all this i came out with suprisingly a pretty nice product. i have about 2 ounces maybe more from one plant, just guessing havent weighed it just drying it now. So now that i can recollect on it i realize the things i have done wrong.

What would be the proper amount of holes or easiest design for growing in soil in a 5g bucket or some other type of housing?

on the back of the fox farm bag it says that u dont need to fertilize for up to a month. i was just wondering for someone who doesnt have a lot of experience with nutrients and doesnt have a complete grasp of the science what might be the simplest way to provide nutrients after u have exhausted that 1 months of nutrients thats already in the soil?Would some type of soup be the best idea? I know that u want mainly nitrogen during the veg stage; should i add anything to my fox farm ocean forest floor before i plant in it?

2. Simplest way to provide nutrients is to apply them. Don't understand what your asking. Basically if your using Fox Farm's Ocean soil it has everything you need for 3-4 weeks in it. After that all your watering with a combo of the plant eating sucks the soil dry of them. For all intents and purposes your soil is just a suspension for the plant you can grow in anything if you read up..water etc. After 3-4 weeks you start to apply a regiment of nutrients that are proper for that stage of growth of a plant. Most nutrient makers...check out htgsupply.com or your local hydro store sell nutes in a 3 part series or a 2 part (A+B). You simply follow the directions on how much to give...which should be way less then what they recommend.

There easy to use a idiot could figure it out, there also worth the money as they last quite a while. Your talking about milliliter measurements per liter of water or teaspoons/tablespoons per gallon..very small amounts. You would be suprised at how much better your plant turns out with minimal nutes.