New to forum & have an LED light question in a grow tent.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Hockamog, Nov 7, 2016.

1. #1 Hockamog, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    Planning a new grow setup and want to stage it in a small walk in closet. I was thinking of a small grow tent 2x48x60 for the majority of the closet enough to flower 2 plants. I will be constructing another small box for veg with T5's and maybe a UFO.

Now to the question, I had originally planned on picking up 2 of the Mars Hydro 300's for flowering in this tent. But now after reading more on the site I am stuck between going with the 2 300w or maybe 1 large 600w. I see now Mars also offers a Hydro-II which from reading is a newer better quality light. The question still applies however, do you think having 2 lights would be more beneficial at spreading the spectrum or would the increased wattage of a single light be a better option? Ive been digging around on the site to find some info/opinions but I can't seem find anything addressing LED's specifically. Just curious what others experiences/opinions were on the matter.

Thanks for the input really looking forward to getting this new grow going.

• Like Like x 1
  2. If it were me I'd get two of the mars 2 LEDs. Better light spread and control

• Like Like x 1
  3. Holy shit that's class

Autoflower420

4. hehe thanks bro!

5. Hi Hockamog, I'm sara from Mars Hydro, I'm a little confused about your tent, what is your tent's unit of measure? meter, foot or inch? I would agree with the @ProfessorKhaos1337 In most case more small lights will be better than one big light.

6. Sorry about that I forgot to put the dressing on that salad! These aren't exact measurements but they will be within a few inches. So.....2ft x 4ft x 6ft or 24"x48"x72" I haven't decided on the exact tent but its going to be in that neighborhood. I think the last tent and the one I will be pulling the trigger on was 2'x48"x68" which is what I was trying to say. But yeah its going to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 2ft deep 4ft wide 6ft tall give or take a few inches in height.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hi Hockamog, thank you for telling. I'm not trying to persuade you to buy our light, but if you interested, two mars 300 are good for the 2'x48''x68''. for the coverage of mars 300 is 2'x2'. two will be 2'x4'.

8. Thanks Smokesara, I didn't get the vibe tht you were trying to push your light on me, no worries. I was thinking that and more light can never be a bad thing. It looks like that will end up being the consensus of this thread. Maybe you could cut me a deal on 2 MarsII 400's :rolleyes:

9. Hi Hockamog, you mean you interested in the Mars II 400, sent you a message.