New to Forum. 1st time grower.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Doright, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Hi all. I'm new to this forum and growing my first plant ever. I bought a seedling called Gushers and planted it outdoors in a large pot. I've been reading everything I can and watching YouTube videos but there's alot to learn. I've used good soil and been feeding her the Foxfarm Trio. She seems to be doing great. So far this forum has been an amazing resource.
    I think my plant is starting to flower so I want to make sure I get it right these last couple of weeks. Here's a few pictures. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. What is it?

3. Where did you purchase your seed from?

4. Looks like it flowered then reveged then flowered again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Agreed time to cut that thing down and start over

6. I bought the seedling from a dispensary in Santa Cruz. Gushers is a strain of indica. Before I yank her up and throw her out, I think I'll let her go and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

7. looks more like a pepper plant

8. It's a gsc characteristic, think you need to go easy on the fertz, give half recommended amount but first maybe a few watering just plain water and make sure you have run off so it can flush a bit. Parent strain Gelato #41 comes from Cookie family genetics of Girl Scout Cookie crossed with Sunset Sherbet, lending a fruity cookie aroma to the strain. The other parent strain responsible for Gushers' genetics is Triangle Kush, which is an indica that originated from somewhere in Florida. Finish her out cause the more you grow, the more you know, the more it will show, you got this bro.

Sent from my Z981 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thanks Baykur! Yeah, now that you mention it, I probably have gone a little heavy on the fertz. I bet alot of newbies like me make this mistake. I'll start flushing her as you suggest. Hopefully I'll at least get something from this. Good learning experience.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. On next run, get a fabric pot to transplant to. Unless that ceramic is sealed, it will leach out water resulting in fert burn/overload indefinitely.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Try to remember it's a weed. It doesn't have to be rocket science, the shit grows itself in the wild. Less is more, less is more, say it with me, less is more. Don't over think it or over analyze it. You can grow a plant outdoors with a seed a bag of good soil and plain water. Will be mediocre aka home grown quality but it will bud out. Good luck.

12. LOL - ok - "less is more". Thanks for your input. Really appreciate it. I feel like I wasted a few months on this one but maybe if I start flushing her out she'll rebound. Probably wishful thinking. I'm actually thinking of starting a small indoor grow but have a lot of learning to do first. Thanks again!!

13. I had some issues (rough transplant broken roots) and fox farm boomerang worked well. If you learned anything then it wasn't a waste, some lessons are just more expensive to learn than others.

14. Update on my plant.
    I've been flushing it out for a while now and cut out most of the old growth. I've monitored the Ph and used a little of Foxfarm boomerang. She's doing so much better. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dude I looked at those pics and said " WTF, where did this Area 51 plant come from......I wanna smoke it"

• Like Like x 1
  16. That was a nice answer. It’s good to be kind

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1