Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New to edibles and inheriting some butter

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ChipsHandon, Aug 5, 2011.

1. So a friend of mine is moving soon and has offered to bequeath some unused cannabis butter to me. He describes the quantity as "about a stick." I have no idea how potent it is (if at all) or what I am going to do with it. My questions are...

1) What is the most efficient way to use this to get fucked up? I've never cooked with this stuff before so if you have a killer recipe please share. :D
    2) Unfortunately I am otherwise completely dry right now except for the pollen chamber of my grinder has a bit of kief in it. I was planning on compressing this into a pea-sized ball of hash but I am now wondering if I can use this to enhance my edible experiments. I don't know when the next time I will be able to score a hookup will be, so efficiency is my main concern.
    3) I imagine that the high from digesting is probably different than smoking. What should I expect?

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

2. Not even one tip for me?

3. You should go to the Edibles forum. Cannabutter is used as a replacement for other ingredients in normal cake, cookie, brownie, chocolate, etc recipes. There will be many recipes on the Edibles forum. :smoke:

Incredible, Edible Herb - Grasscity.com Forums

4. Just make some brownies from a mix, its about as close to idiot proof as it gets. Or if you really want to get lazy: Butter some toast.

5. I think you can put Cannabutter on your toast and get high, but I really don't know haha.

6. #6 RogueToker, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
    You gave it all of one hour? Relax.

7. Ask him how much bud went into the stick maybe? I would try to take a nice big chunk off of it and eat it on some toast or something to see if you get high, lol

8. Make sure when you are baking it you don't set the temp too high or else you will vaporize the THC.

9. What temp should I set the oven at? :confused:

10. Lol just bake it into some box brownies that call for butter. Or anything out of a box that calls for butter. The thc is in the butter already so you could eat it straight and still get high. It will just taste better if you do it in brownies. Its like the butter is the weed and the brownie is the paper. The brownie only delivers the high to you in a more efficient way. Get it? So you could do anything that would be good with butter. Toast. On noodles. With pancakes. Up to you.

As far as kief goes save it. Maybe scrape it now and see how much you have. Smoke it when you are pretty much out of butter as a treat. But if its a stick of butter it should last you a while if its decent. Goodluck.

11. Brownies all the way bro.

12. #12 tokeysmokey23, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Lol who puts butter on paper?

Did this make sense to anyone else? But then again this AK47 is really getting to me :)

13. Sounds like the AK47 is getting the better of you because it makes perfect sense to me. :wave:

14. Please follow my advice and follow a recipe completely. If you don't your edibles will not turn out. Just search for your recipe, and it'll tell you how hot to make it.

15. Try again. It makes perfect sense and he said nothing about putting butter on paper.

16. Am i the onlywho noticed,in the title,OP says he's new to ''inheriting'' butter?
    I was curious to how much butter he inherited.

17. Did someone die and write in their will "My stick of Cannabudder will go to my dear son.. Gertrude" ?

18. Lol. And to my second son, Chips, I bequeath my prized stick of cannabutter.

19. And to my third son Frank..... Well he can go fuck himself!