Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New to eating, not sure what to do!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Buell, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Hello friends!

A friend of mine gave me some chocolate chip cookies, and some pills that he made from coconut oil in the slow cooker.

I have never eaten marijuana before, and am a little apprehensive. I did a search to read about ppl's experiences and it seems that you get fucked up crazy or puke.

Is this true? I was thinking of taking two pills, (he told me take one for pain relief, two for a body high, and three to get fucked up) Considering that marijuana has some paranoia effects on me, I am wondering what the high is like? I am sorry for this misguided post, but maybe if anyone has some tips or advice on what to expect?

Thanks!

2. I'm trying edibles for the first time tomorrow as well. Since I don't have any advice from personal experience, I would however suggest that because you get paranoid when high, that you only do it with a trusted friend or by yourself. Make your location comfortable: get food ready, music ready, comfortable stuff to sit and lie on. Just make sure you don't have any reason to run into someone that would set your paranoia off.

Good luck, man

3. what the guy above said,

plus, you'll be high for wayyy longer than smoking, up to ~24 hours

as for the high, it's a very intense body high, and it *does* fuck you up

you shouldn't puke unless you mix it with booze

gl :)

4. Compared to your friend, are you about the same weight? He's basing that dosage info off his own bodytype/weight so if you're heavier than he is, your equivilent dose will require more - visa versa if you're lighter.

How long the dose lasts depends on your metabolism, bodychemistry and a bunch of other factors - I have wacky met/bc/etc so my high off edibles always lasts like 24-36 hours

The high itself is similar to a strong indica, but with even less of a head high than that - Your whole body will feel like its buzzing, I also sometimes feel like my "core" is numb.

The key with edibles is to get your dosage right... Unlike smoked Cannabis, you *CAN* overdose on edibles - It won't kill you, but you will not enjoy it.

IMO take the two pills and document your results - Will give you a good baseline

And make sure you dose when you have at least 12hrs to be on the safe side.

Have fun :)

5. Hey guys, thanks for the advice! I am going to take them tomorrow night with my hubby after work. I am getting all my bean bag chairs out and making caramel apples for tomorrow! I will let you know how it goes.
    I am not gonna lie,,,, it blows my mind a little that it might last so long. But I think its gonna be awesome.

ps. Now that I read the responses again, my friend is like three times the size as me, so maybe I will try one. He said two fucked him up and he hid in bed all day. lol

6. Yeah, you really gotta watch out lol :) with any fat extraction there are so many factors at work that its very hard to get consistent potency... You literally just have to start test dosing to ever figure it out.

yeah ;) Edibles are fun lol :)