New to e-cigs - got sick?

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by 2fourtwenty, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Hi everyone, first post so don't go too hard on me lol.

I use to smoke back in high school but right after I graduated high school I developed a throat issue and had to stop after my second surgery. I'm good now, totally recovered except hookah or smoke has an adverse effect on my throat so I had to lay off of it til now. Fast forward to now the other night I was out with some friends and one of my friends asked me if I ever tried a pen, I said no. He gave it to me to try and surprisingly I had no issues, felt pretty relaxed after a few rips off and on through the night and slept pretty good that night too. I was surprised cause I actually felt great and didn't have any reactions to it and the feeling was pretty great. So I decided to buy a pen and got 2 carts from my friend, one is Berry something and the other one is Thunderstruck. I don't remember the THC CBD amounts but they're on the box at home.
    So the other day I figured I'd relax and take a few rips from the Berry cart. After like four or five within a 15 min period I was feeling alright and had no complaints. Then I got up to get something to drink and thats where shit hit the fan, I got insanely sick and puked for nearly 25 minutes straight. I had the spins and I violently kept throwing up. I felt horrible and somehow made it to bed and made it to work the next day but don't remember how I got to sleep or when. The next day I felt like a zombie and enough coffee couldn't wake me up.
    Total inexperienced question, is there like a certain tolerance I got to build up to? Or pace myself slower? Or is there something I'm doing wrong? I've never used one of these but I was eager to since I now can get the chilled feeling that I had when I use to smoke just without the smoke since physically I can't since I haven't in the last eight years. Thanks in advance, again, don't go too hard on the new guy, I'm just asking for some advice.

2. I'd just go slower and start with less. Try just enough to get u high and see how that goes and build up a tolerance before u try more.

3. I cannot say I ever puked on any form of Cannabis, whether they be edibles, oil, wax or flower. But if you are not used to oil, you may have over done it easily. I never suggest people going straight to any type of concentrates.

Was this home made carts or from a dispensary?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sounds like vasovagal syncope, more commonly known as a fainting spell.

I've had this happen to me probably a dozen times in my life (I'm 60) after smoking pot, and come to think of it, once after vaping, too. It feels terrible when it's happening and you feel the aftereffects the next day. When I told my doctor about it, she was like, 'Yeah. It''s nothing serious.' Which I believe since the same thing happened to my brother and his doctor said the same thing. lol

Nevertheless, all the standard advice about partaking in cannabis applies: go slow until you know how strong the strain is. Be well hydrated, and don't rush to stand or sit up: it can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure, which can trigger a fainting spell.

Peace

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. It was from a dispensary out of CA from the boxes but I’m in Florida so I can only assume the legitimacy. Berry Blast and Thunderstruck is what’s on them. The guy I got them from though is legit though and a good friend, I know he wouldn’t get me something that was bad or could be harmful. I have never vomited that violently in my life. I have been going super easy though on it since so maybe it was me being super naive or a first time initiation on going too fast without a tolerance.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. That makes a ton of sense, I sat there and when I stood up I couldn’t like catch my balance for shit. I’ve went super super slow on it and never more than a few hits a day and I think I prob overdid it. Thanks for putting that term out to me though, I’ll read up on it. Thanks for assuring me I wasn’t crazy. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. it's a common norm for almost many people who use vape for the first time, so it is pretty normal, it would take time to get used to it.