New to dabbing.....How much weight?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Project ICE, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Ok so i just dabbed last night for the first time. My friend made the mistake of giving me "a little too much"

I coughed for 45 minutes straight. Which sucked....and weird because i can smoke ALOT and not cough at all. Years and years of smoking bud.....and I never even knew this "dabbing" industry was around.

Its like a whole new world

I was high for at least 12 hours.
    Im amazed.

2. I have a sneaking suspicion that it wasnt a mistake :D And its hard to say how much you would get without seeing the trim and knowing the quality. You get out of it what you put into it ya know? If its low potency trim, there isnt much to extract so you wont yield much. If its caked in trichs then thats a different story.

3. Yeah I dont think it was a mistake either lol

But yeah i know what you mean by potency

I have 4 ounces of trim that came off of 3 Autoflowers
    Cheese Auto
    Northern Lights Auto
    60 Day Wonder

Here is a pic of some of the trim.

[​IMG]

And I also have 10 of these. 1.5 grams each....so a total of 15 grams of hash/keif tabs

[​IMG]

4. I'm going to say around 5g. That's saying the trim is 5% THC and you manage to get all of it. So I would say a solid eighth of some delicious oil is a pretty safe bet :)
    And I've only made it a few times.
    I might suggest going to a BHO thread and asking.

5. I pull .6 back on every 4 grams of trim I run. Dont short sell yourself. Although your gunna loose yield as you don't have a technique down with this being your first run. My advice is to run small batches, atleast til you get a feeling for what your doin. And please, remember to spray outside.

6. I've been hearing around 20% yield is about the best. maybe a bit higher with a great technique

7. Damn dude, just realized who was askin. Lol what up ice!

8. Oh I'm not going to be the one making it. The friend of mine that let me try it last night, hes going to be making it

Hes got some experience, about a little over a year making bho, so i trust him. I just wanna get a general idea of what Im going to be getting out of it, quantity wise

9. haha was good bro

10. quality wise, i wouldnt expect a lot from trim. its rare that i get high quality shatter/crumble from running trim, its usually darker and less solid then what i get running choice buds.
    as for quantity, unless you have had the trim tested for thc content, no one is going to be able to give you more then a general guess. theres just too many variables relating to your grow set up and how potent the plants are. you could get anywhere from 4 to 12 grams running those 4 oz, it all depends on how high the quality of the trim is.