New to dabbing.. Help!

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Keep It Lit, Feb 24, 2013.

1. #1 Keep It Lit, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2013
    What's going on blades of the City! :wave:

I've only dabbed probably a total of 10-15 times ever off friends' Dab pieces using wax and I think it's just awesomeeee...:smoking:

I've just recently gotten my Medical Card and now that I can purchase top shelf wax at clubs myself I figured I'd try and start to get into dabbing more.

The main questions I have are about the proper pieces I need.. I admit I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to the materials needed to dab.

I'm just looking for a pretty basic dab set up for myself to properly get the job done but not have it being too advanced to deal with or have it cost too much $$

What I know has been used for my past dabs...

The actual Dab piece - (kinda looks like a bong) is this the oil rig?
    Nail
    Dome
    Torch
    Dabber

These are all the materials I am familiar with and I think these are the only things my friends' dab pieces included but I am not sure. Point is their pieces would get me ripped and I don't need anything more expensive/sophisticated for myself.

Other terms I have heard of include...

Oil rig
    Skillet
    adapter
    ti nail
    dishes

I have absolutely no idea what these are and I am just overall really confused and what pieces I do and do not need for a decent dab set up for wax.

Also is it possible to use my already bong or bubbler as a dab piece? I have no problem with buying a new separate dab piece but I think I've heard that you can use your existing bongs or bubblers to dab but I am not sure..

Also if I were to buy a new dab piece could that be used as a regular bong for just weed as well? Or would it be made strictly just for dabbing? Because I think a 2 in 1 combo would be pretty cool if you could dab with wax or use the bong for weed either way with the same piece.

Thank you so much for all who helps!! It is greatly appreciated! :D

2. A good oil rig you can pick up for $100. I dont know if thats in your price range though. Grab a beer glass DI rig.

It looks like this

[​IMG]

Im sure you can grab one online or from a LHS. Now you need a nail to go along with your rig. Grab a quartz nail instead of a TI nail. A good TI nail is around $60-$100 a good quartz nail is around $15-25. Go to bed bath and beyond and grab one of their torches which is about $25-$30. Dabbers are cheap and you can grab one for $10-$15. Also a dome from aqua is about $20. All the things i mentioned is all you need.

Oil rig-$100
    dabber-$15
    Nail-$25
    torch-$25

Now once you initially buy this stuff you wont need to buy it again unless you break your rig or something but be careful with it. The torch should last you over a year at least. Also you can to the other method and use a swing instead of a nail but IMO the nail is better and cheaper.