Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New to Cooking,and I Have lot's of Question's with Butter

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Smooth Criminal, Mar 26, 2012.

1. I'm giving up smoking (becouse all you can find over here is hash,and you obviously need tobacco to burn it with).

I don't know anything about cooking weed with butter.Here are my question's if you can help out.Also I'm not looking forward for cooking brownies or food with the hash,only drinkable's.

1)Why does cooking hash with butter get you more higher than smoking it?

2)I found a type of milk that's named (Butter Milk).I heard if you boil that type of milk itself,and add hash in it until the hash milt's inside the milk from the heat.It get's you high after you drink it.Would this work?

3)What is butter,and what is it actually used for?

2. 1) It doesn't necessarily get you higher, but it's a different kind of high, more of a body high. It takes longer to kick in and lasts longer. It's just because of the way your body processes it.
    2) I don't know about this one, I've never had buttermilk. Buttermilk doesn't have any butter in it, it's just a name for milk that's been slightly curdled.
    3) Butter is a dairy product created by churning cow's milk until it's solid. Ghee is butter that's had the milk solids cooked out, if that's any help. The reason people frequently cook hash into butter is that butter is very fatty, which is necessary to absorb the good stuff from the hash, and also you can do a lot of things with it. You can use other things besides butter. If you only want to drink it, you probably would be better off doing a different kind of edibles. I have no experience with drinks, but do some searching here and you can find lots of good recipes.

3. [quote name='"gangsta91995"']I'm giving up smoking (becouse all you can find over here is hash,and you obviously need tobacco to burn it with).

I don't know anything about cooking weed with butter.Here are my question's if you can help out.Also I'm not looking forward for cooking brownies or food with the hash,only drinkable's.

1)Why does cooking hash with butter get you more higher than smoking it?

2)I found a type of milk that's named (Butter Milk).I heard if you boil that type of milk itself,and add hash in it until the hash milt's inside the milk from the heat.It get's you high after you drink it.Would this work?

3)What is butter,and what is it actually used for?[/quote]

Hash, or weed for that matter is more potent when absorbed by the body as compared to lungs. In your body, the absorption rate through the intestines allows for basically all nutrients to be taken into the body versus a 5 second hit from smoke and the lungs being taken in by our capillaries.

As long as there's a considerable amount of fats in the butter milk then, sure, you can use it. But the general rule of thumb is that higher fat content in the medium means more thc absorption capacity (making the butter a little more potent).

Butter, as stated above, is just fats churned from the milk of cows. It is the medium that absorbs thc from the weed. Since marijuana is highly solvable in a pure lipid content, butter is a perfect medium to extract thc from.