New to bongs, just bought a Molino

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by fitftw, Jan 13, 2012.

1. #1 fitftw, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
    Mad Scientist V3 this morning...I've been using a cheap $20 bowlpiece that fits in my palm for 2 years now. Before that I was in the navy for 4 years and didn't smoke except on leave and I almost got kicked out once, but that's another story. Before THAT, I was a bluntman for about 5 years. I decided that being a big fan of herb, I should buy a piece that will do the herb justice. Besides, I haven't been getting super-lifted much with this little bowlpiece in a while and being 28 years old I don't have time or patience to roll a fat blunt anymore. I just want to pack and smoke.

So I just had some questions about modifications I should look into. I've been reading about ashcatchers and percolators and bigger bowls for this bong and can't find much. I'd like to keep my lungs as healthy as possible since I do enjoy going to the gym 3 or 4 days a week and running. I know I've ruined myself with this bowl, which is also why I bought the bong...I think the fact that my gf and I bought a hookah a month ago is what made me think about getting a bong... Is there any add-on I should probably get? I already placed an order for Grunge-off, ISO alcohol, and epsom salt, but that's just for end of the day cleaning...I appreciate any helpful responses and Hi :wave:and bye :wave:

2. I'm a clean freak with my bong. Iso and salt every other day or so depending on usage. Other than that I'd recommend an inline bubbler ash catcher. Possibly a carbon filter if you want extra cleanliness. A lot of people upgrade downstem to Alex k or similar (but I like my original). I also upgraded to a 5 hole slide.

Mods are endless, you will find what works for you.

3. I just bought a nail and dome as well, oils are amazzzzzing :)

4. Oh and post some pics :)

5. Thanks for your service op, stay up

6. grab your self a carbon filter.

They are cheap, the carbon is cheap.

and it keeps you and your piece perfectly clean.

7. #7 fitftw, Jan 13, 2012
    Thanks guys. I placed the order today so I won't have it for a week or two (hoping...)

On the Mad Scientist v3 product page it says:

Joint Size: 18.8 mm > 14.5 mm

The Illadelph 5-hole slide is 14mm. Will it fit?

8. Yes that will fit. The downstem is 18 on the bottom and 14 for the slide end. I have the illadelph 5 hole slide, you will love it.

9. For extra fun get a torch and a illadelph hot hit wand to go with the 5 hole slide. It's made for concentrates but gives you some major rips on buds

10. Thanks man, I appreciate that a lot. I'll get that. One last question and I'll stop I promise.

Can I use that 5-hole slide with the Molino pre-cooler Hurricane 2piece? If so, I really don't think I'll bother with the carbon filter. That'll just be too much "stuff" for me.

11. I don't know what that is, do you have a link?

12. If your downstem is 14.5 mm on the slide end then anything with a joint size of that number should theoretically fit.

13. Okay, I just hope that .5mm difference doesn't really matter then, since the bong has 14.5mm slide end and the Illadelph slide is 14mm.

14. Don't worry about any of the smaller measurements. Just te 14mm. Ur good

15. I like the precooler. It will fit if that's what you want. Look into inline bubblers before you order though, you may like them better

16. #17 fitftw, Jan 13, 2012
    You guys rule. I looked into inline bubblers and it seems they're all stand-alone smoking devices...couldn't figure that out....SO...I bought a Molino classic pre-cooler for around $30. It's gonna be the same setup as in this video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVewfdeknls]Molino Mad Scientist v3 with Pre cooler - YouTube[/ame]

I also went with the green Illadelph 5-hole slide but I'm not even sure if it's compatible with that setup. Guess I'll find out.

17. Is it just me or is that thing realllllyyy draggggyyy

18. The 5 hole slide will fit

19. Can you link the precooler u ordered?