Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New to being high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by freshjaunt, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Recently, my friends have gotten me into smoking, starting about early August. I have smoked about a dozen times so far, and like most people, I really didn't get high until my 5th or 6th time smoking. This was the first time I had ever gotten really high. We were at a park and I smoked a little less than a g. After about 10 minutes I found myself staring into space and forgetting where I was and what I was doing. It was like I had just woken up from a dream and at first I was kinda scared. Everything was shaking rapidly and my heart was beating uncontrollably. I felt like I was going to pass out and couldnt keep my eyes open. I laid down in the grass and tried to calm the fuck out. When I did, I felt the following: I couldn't feel my legs and arms that well, all feeling felt tingly and delayed (I found myself scratching my legs and feeling the scratch seconds after I had started), and I was just kinda moving without thinking. Needless to say, once I started eating the three ice cream sandwiches I bought when the ice cream man came, I started enjoying my high :) . I have smoked a few times after that and I have been to that level of high three other times. My friends and I dont seem to share the same symptoms when they are high though. When we smoked this weekend, they all seemed really high when I felt completely normal after our first bowl. My one friend said that he was already high just seconds after his first hit. So I kept smoking until I spaced out again and forgot where I was. After that I just couldn't do anything but lay down and listen to music. I laid on the couch for like three hours. When I talked to my one friend who had been smoking for about two years what MY high was like, he told me off. He said that I deny that I'm already really high and just keep smoking and that you only need like .1 to .2 to get high. Idk what it is, but I just don't seem high until I hit that stage where I forget where I am. Do I have the wrong interpretation about what a weed high is like? Does my body just have a lower tolerance than my friends? It is really weird how they get high so easily but I'm like a time bomb. I'm fine for a while and then the high just hits me about 10 minutes after them. I don't think I'm smoking wrong.....somebody please give me their experience on this subject. thanks

2. you are smoking wrong, you are smoking way to much way to fast. take a rip chill for a couple minutes. take another bong rip and chill for a couple minutes. repeat until you are at your desired high.

but might as well get as fucked as possible since you are so new, you will never get that high again my man. enjoy it while you can lol

3. Some take longer to get high. Takes me a few minutes wait after each hit to feel it.

4. I feel like you might have the wrong interpretation of being high, like you said. My girlfriend has smoked before saying she wasn't high, but was laughig a lot and saying lots of stuff a high person would say, while I smoked half as much, and was decently high, so she had to have felt something. I believe that some people don't think they are high until they are literally on cloud9. They don't realize that you don't have to be stoned stupid to be high, and that any slowness, euphoric thoughts, happiness, deep thinking, and cottonmouth/munchies mean you are high. So remember that next time you smoke. If you guys are passing a bowl, take a few good hits straight to your lungs, and then just sit and recognize what you are feeling and how its different from the way you normally feel. Then you will realize that you are definitely high off those 3 hits.(since you are a beginner)

5. Yeah last time I smoked I took like 10 hits and wasn't feeling anything until I found myself staring at animal planet for about 2 min without thought. I guess I should take my time smoking. After our first bowl we smoked outside, we came inside and we were all laughing and watching Tv. I knew I was high cause I was making some really stupid comments and I was laughing alot, but I had thought that level of high was just being buzzed. After the second bowl I was pretty blitzed and was just glued to the couch the entire night.

6. You need to reach maximum high and then all that stuff won't seem that bad. I've found the best way to reach maximum high is to go on a camping trip far out where nobody will disturb you and smoke until your about to pass out then go for a walk and come back and smoke more and go for another walk. Just do this until it starts getting dark then make edibles smoke more and eat the edibles. now go outside and just chill and about 45 minutes later the edibles will kick in and take you to outer space.

7. yeah man just chill and don't smoke too much too fast. this happened to me once when i first started cause i just ripped cone after cone thinking i needed more when i really didn't. take a few minutes between hits to assess your high before deciding to take another one.

you'll learn your limits and how to balance the high, it just might take some time. these days i can rip cone after cone for hours and never be 'too high'

it's just a 'know your limits' kind of thing.

good luck, and welcome to the city :)

happy toking :bongin:

8. [quote name='"freshjaunt"']Yeah last time I smoked I took like 10 hits and wasn't feeling anything until I found myself staring at animal planet for about 2 min without thought. I guess I should take my time smoking. After our first bowl we smoked outside, we came inside and we were all laughing and watching Tv. I knew I was high cause I was making some really stupid comments and I was laughing alot, but I had thought that level of high was just being buzzed. After the second bowl I was pretty blitzed and was just glued to the couch the entire night.[/quote]

Laughing a lot is a great sign that you are high. I don't always smoke to get blasted. For me that's not what it is about. I smoke just because its enjoyable and I still enjoy just being at maybe a 3 or 4. Not to mention as soon as you smoke a lot you won't be able to get to that same level as you do now. So enjoy it. But recognize what being high is

9. last update: i just smoked a joint about two hours ago. i took like four hits and I'm high and munchin on halloweeeeeen candy. im not as high though. I know im high when my teeth start to feel numb. toasty

10. Different people take different amounts to get high. Even people who have smoked for a while sometimes have low tolerance. Others take a lot to get to the point they want to be at.

I imagine it's also possible for it to take varying amounts of time after the hit to feel the effects. Thinking about it, sometimes I feel it within a minute and other times it's 5-10 min...Don't really know why, but I'd imagine "set and setting" has something to do with it.

Keep practicing, and you'll probably figure out some general "rules" for yourself :smoke:

11. I remember the first time i was high. It was kinda like the first time i ejaculated. I was like " Ohh This Is Nice " :cool:

12. Benefits of being High:

1. Feeling euphoria
    2. Music sounds better
    3. You are easily entertained
    4. Food taste better, even if it's semi-bland. (you combine)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q60ZXUiX9cA&feature=related&hd=1]funny judge judy clip. stoned guy? - YouTube[/ame]

You become this guy in court, not a single fuck was given that day!

13. It all depends on the person my man! Everyone is different, in my opinion. When I smoke my first joint I didn't get high at all, but when I remember that time I don't think I held the smoke in long. The best way to do it is, if your ripping it on a bong then hit it really good and hold it in for about 15-30 sec and release. If your smokig a joint or blunt then just take little puffs and inhale each time, like take a puff inhale take a puff inhale take a puff inhale, hold it for a few sec and exhale. This is how I usually smoke and I always get high within 2-5 mins. Also, I don't care if ppl believe it or not, COUGH! Coughing makes you alot higher, it does for me and others as well.
    Just a tip I wanted to share with ya. Overall, enjoy your smoke session.