new to all this just need help with some lighting plz

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by yammy, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Hey dude

im also new at this but ive done my homework to the point im sick, but confident to get this going in a couple short weeks Im also going to use Flouros for vegging. The 6500K or "cool lights" are used for early growth like seedlings, clones and vegging. The other ones (warm) are for flowering. Ive heard people using one or 2 warm bulbs mixed with the cool for vegging, but it should be completely good to just stick the cool tubes. Im going to be using T5s for my seedlings vegging and eventually mothers. But for flowering im going to be using a HPS light Ive read several success stories on the warm t5s for the flowering but nothing compares to HPS as far as yield. If youre just doing one plant then i would go with a 4ft (2 tube) t5 light and then just get a hps fixture the good thing is that u wont have to spend the money on the hps until like a month after you get your plant going also with the hps u could probably do at least 1 more plant if you choose to add or clone or whatever instead of having to buy more t5s how big is your space??

2. yeah dudes right 6500k vegging and 2700k for flowering some people mix them up for vegging

3. Here's what I do :
    So when the plant first starts to grow, all I need on it is
    42w 2700k x1
    42w 6500k x3

THENNN***
    Flower stage:
    42w 2700k x3
    42w 6500k x1

So, you're buying:
    42 w 2700k x3
    42 w 6500k x3

I use fluorescent bulbs. They are not as harsh on the plant, don't burn them, and use less electricity. Not to mention they have a long life.

4. wow. thanks for the great info from of all you. yea just the one for me and the space is quite big not sure about size i would say 4x4 ??? lol. but one more thing i was gonna just have a plant and some lights and was thinking of tin foil but i dnt wanna build a box to baite lol.