Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New tincture recipe

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Popeye, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Hello cooks. I am making a new tinc recipe today and would like some input. I have used veg glycerine before and hated the flavor. I use it as a sweetener in my coffee and it tasted like resin. It might have gotten too hot, I dont know. Since glyc is extremely soluble in water, I will be adding it in the process.
    Here are the ratios I was considering

3g trim/1floz glycerine and water
    Glycerine/water 75/25
    Cinamen sticks for flavor.

This would make a 1tsp dose equal to a 1/2g.

How does this sound? Any thoughts?

2. Wait, you are adding water to a tincture recipe? Don't add water that's the last thing you want. Just use high grade flood glycerine. Get a cooking thermometer and make sure the temperature stays below 175 F.

3. Why no water?

4. I know the water will not infuse with the resin glands but a small amount to thin the tinc shouldnt hurt should it?

5. don't add water.

6. Any specific reason?

7. extracts things you do not want such as chlorophyll, dilutes the over all tincture. reduces bio-availability.

8. The problem I have is this

I have 3 1/4 cups of glycerine. For the strength I am looking for I need 26g of product per cup. I rounded to 3z for the whole thing. Thats not enough glycerine to cover the trim.
    What else should I do?

9. I guess I should mention this is a heated tinc. It will be in a crock pot for about 10hrs

10. Sift for hash using a dollar store nylon coffee filter (they're around 150u - 200u, good for dry sift / kief), or with a proper sifting kit or set of bubble bags, then use that with your glycerin. It solves your concentration problem nicely and affordably. :)

If you disliked the flavor with pure glycerin, which is a more limited solvent than most, you'll hate the taste if you add water to an extraction. Not to mention the reduced potency and increased processing time required..

11. Wont the water thats added evap out over a 10 hour heating period?

12. Like Kitty said, water contains trace amounts of many many types of minerals that you don't want in your tincture. Tap water alone will turn a good product into shit. Even if your water is purged completely there are trace minerals left behind in your product from that extra water you added.
    The idea behind tinctures and any type of extraction is to always use less water. 91% iso is better than 71%. 190 proof ever clear is better than 151 proof. Less is more!!

13. Thanks alot guys and girl. Its a little late to not add water, but I am taking notes.

I have all the gear to make dry ice kief, and I make it every now and then. Guess I didnt think about going that route..lol...stoners right??

On a + note...The strength I'm looking for only requires 1tsp a dose. That alone should keep the bad flavor down, not to mention the cinnamon sticks.

14. I personally like to freeze my buds for 3 days in an airtight container, then I throw them in the oven at 220F for 30 min, take out the nug (all the while keeping it covered those wonderful smelling fumes are full of the psychoactive compound and if you can smell your buds when cooking that means it's not covered well enough) and turn the over to 280F and throw the nug back in for 5 min.

After that is done I take it out, let it cool down in the freezer and now you have a fully decarbed product (and it should still be fresh nug not dried out). I will then (while keeping in nug form) put that nug in a doubler boiler with 190 proof ever clear until it is simmered down completely. What you have is truly a remarkable product. Best tincture recipe I've ever made (most people will recommend coffee grinding your product up, but that isn't necessary; if you do a well enough job in the preparation process you should be able to keep your nugs unharmed).

Good Luck!