New tent plz help set up (pic)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TiPWiLL, Jun 19, 2015.

1. I just received my 32x32x64 tent in and set up! I am blooming right now with a cfl and want to switch to hps. I want to b able to have at least 3-4 smaller plants in. I know the light coverage will b better than my homemade cfl. I have 300 watts of cfl. It's also in a bigger 5x5x7 tent until I get this tent ready.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434717792.428966.jpg
    White widow from seedsman. Will be going in there as soon as the tent is ready. As long as I can put it together b4 she is almost done. I wouldn't want to stress her out.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434717916.123804.jpg

From my research I've gathered I'll need at least a 240 CFM fan in and out. I'll need a carbon filter but that's not a necessity right now. Smell isn't really an issue here but I don't want to smell weed ALL THE TIME. I will also need a fan to blow on the plants which I have.
    So I guess what I need to know is what wattage hid would work for my tent if I wanted to fill it out with a scrog? Also how far above the plants should the light b kept.
    I do my research but I've seen different ways. I want to know what's working best in 2015 for growers. Not what someone argued about on a forum in 2000 leaving newbs confused. I've only used 150w hps b4 and that of course was a waste of time.

So experienced growers please help. I think I got the growing part down a little better now so I'm investing more $$ into it.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434717642.985050.jpg

Attached Files:

2. I would recomend 1000 watt. Because youhave the space for it but at least a 600 watt or two 400s

3. #3 TiPWiLL, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2015
    R u recommending 1000 watts n the bigger tent?

I'm using the bigger one for veg when I get this one up. So I won't need that much. My elec bill would shoot all da way up.

4. #4 jay719, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2015
    400w is the lowest I would go in 32 x 32. 600w would be better.

If power cost wasn't an issue I would veg under 400w mh in the small tent and flower under 600w or 1000w in the larger tent. Ideally you want the flower area to be the larger of the two due to flowering plants taking much more room.

5. You'll need a 5 inch rvk fan and filter for extraction

6. My tent calls for 3 and 6 inch vents.

7. I only want to flower up to 4. I'll probably scrog 1plant for my next flower cycle.

8. A five will fit through the 6inch vent pefect then, you do have chords you can pull tight to the ducting right?

9. Yes, I do! I guess I didn't think about that. What's the advantage of going with a 5 inch? Isn't 6 more common and cheap? I am not looking to be super cheap with my flower tent but I also have to understand what I'm doing and why. So this way im not having to upgrade in 6 months like my 1st grow. And is RVK different from a regular exhaust fan?

10. #10 TiPWiLL, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2015
    I'll b going with a 600 watt. So now I have to find one with good reviews. Not too expensive. Any suggestions 4 me as I look?