New study says killing dogs can be educational.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Solipsist NPC, Oct 2, 2011.

1. #1 Solipsist NPC, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2011
    That study was done by me, and yes, it was just to get your attention.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap1co5ZZHYE]Experiments in the Revival of Dead Organisms - YouTube[/ame]

This video is amazing if you ask me. Even back in 1940, they could drain all the blood of a animal, leave it dead for 10 minutes, and revive it without serious repercussions.

Why would this be so interesting to me. Because there trying to be able to do this procedure on humans. Guess what that means?

If a human has all his blood drained, dies for like 10 minutes, and gets resuscitated with no serious harm or brain damage. Then we can know if there's a afterlife.

By the way, the only reason I posted this in the box is because the video contains a decapitated dog head hooked up to a machine that stays alive for hours.
    And it also includes the o so controversial topic of experimenting on animals.

I for one really want a human to have his blood drained completely and then be resuscitated. It could prove there is a afterlife or lack-there-of.

Discuss.

2. Maybe I should just put this in general, I mean its not that fucked up.

3. No you should leave it here

4. Its just propaganda i think

5. Whats propaganda?

They can successfully drain a dog of all its blood, leave it dead for 10 minutes, and resuscitate it without serious repercussions.

If you could do that with humans you would be able to figure out what happens after death.

I don't know about you, but thats really fucking interesting.

6. I actually have a hard time believing you wouldn't be more or less brain dead by that point. Can the brain really survive for 10 minutes without oxygen?

7. This is going nowhere, nor is truly significant.

8. I don't think I'd want to know.

9. I'll just wait to actually die

I want it to be a secret :)

10. I guess you'll probably have to be the one to volunteer for the experiment, I can't imagine too many people signing up for that.

11. Well I think it's pretty obvious an afterlife doesn't exist. We are all bound to chemical and biological constraints. Once we cease to function, we cease to exist. Not saying it's completely impossible, but from what science has shown us, it doesn't add up. Plus, we don't truly die unless we become brain dead. So to truly test it would be to become brain dead. Obviously, this cannot be tested for.

12. I think we've found our first volunteer! Have fun dying bro...

13. "Did you see an afterlife"

"Yes, I did"

"ah, well that was most likely your brain releasing DMT and you were tripping balls. We don't entirely know what you saw though"

That's how it would work. Just because people die and report an afterlife or lack of (both of which have happened multiple times), it just doesn't prove anything.

14. So before I die I have a wonderful blissful dmt trip no wonder why most people die with a smile.

15. You can't prove if what they see is the afterlife or DMT running through there brain

16. [quote name='"MobiusStrip"']I actually have a hard time believing you wouldn't be more or less brain dead by that point. Can the brain really survive for 10 minutes without oxygen?[/quote]

Yeah, ur brain would be dead. There's actually a medical procedure where they drain ur blood, tjen pump it back in to find a clot or something. They only have a minute to pump it back in b4 theres brain.damage and or death

Then again i saw thiz on the TV show House xD

17. Idk why some crazy hasnt offered to have this done to them...who knows, this topic shpuld definately bring more attencion to this tho

18. #18 Solipsist NPC, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2011
    Yes thats what im wondering to, its the only thing keeping them from testing it on humans. The dog in the video suffered no noticable brain damage or serious repercussions. Im sure humans would be alot different though, and would probably lose some cognitive ability, even if its not severe.

Maybe if they just did it for 5 minutes or something it would be ok.

Saying a afterlife doesn't exist and "science proves it", is just as audacious and crazy as saying there is a afterlife. Science can't tell you what causes perception of reality. And they can't tell you how the brain actually works. They can't tell you if theres other planes of conscieness other then the physical one we know.

Science can tell you the names they have given to parts of the brain, and what they have observed as there purpose. But in all reality, there just giving names to unexplainable processes.

Let me say it again, when a neurologist tells you something like "This is the pre-frontal cortex and this controls x, y, and z." What there actually doing is, telling you the names they gave to unexplainable processes of the brain.

Science hasn't proved there is no afterlife, they haven't even been able to explain what perception of reality is. Its completely irrational to say its obvious there is no afterlife.

I knew this comment was going to show up, and I have one thing to say. The whole bit about DMT being released in your brain when you die, is a myth. Its never been proven, and until it is its just a myth/theory.

19. #19 Solipsist NPC, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2011
    Ive seen alot of your posts, and I know your a die hard atheist.

But c'mon, reason with me here. Lets say we take 100 agnostics with no bias, drain all there blood, leave em dead for 5 minutes. And see what they have to say after they get resuscitated.

If they all say its nothingness like before you where born, then your right.

But what if they all came back saying they went to a different plane of consciousness similar to a dream-like state where you create "matter" and "everything" from nothing but your minds/consciousness/soul.

Wouldn't you be pissed.

I mean hey, saying there is a afterlife is just as rational as saying there isn't a afterlife.

20. I honestly think it could be explained either way. Yes, the brain does release large amounts of DMT upon death, but the way anyone willing to try it would explain it would be totally random. I guess you can say it's the same way that everyone experiences their 'high' from marijuana differently, no one could for sure explain EXACTLY what happened to them upon this pseudo death...just my 2 cents