New Street Light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by smokeyJonez, Feb 12, 2009.

1. I woke up around 2am to a very familiar orange/amber light shining through my window from a very unfamiliar place:eek:. Immediately I thought of my 6 girls outside and moved them to a darker area of the yard. I'm two weeks into flowering. I live in Micronesia where we get around 12/12 outside all year. I don't know when the light came on but they may have received up to an extra 8 hours of light. I don't know exactly how many foot candles a street light has but it is certainly more light than a full moon. Are my girls gonna reveg/hermie? How soon can I tell?

2. Hmmm..... sounds like quite the place to grow :p. Well provided that you can veg inside lol.

Wow hmmm, theyll probably be fine. But i guess youd just have to wait and see. Thats a pickle.

3. Its a pretty good place to grow. Plenty of rain water temp on average is ~ 85 all year, trade winds etc. I veg inside for about 5-6 weeks before hardening them off to flower outside.

4. I read a case very similar to this last year on GC.com A streetlamp was hitting his girls and I believe they went hermie. It may cause too much stress depending on how close they are.

I would move them as far away as you can and hope for the best. I can not imagine them being more than 100ft from the lamp and still being affected.

5. Yank them and make hash

6. For years my girls have been growing within 50 feet of a streetlamp with NO problems at all. Just don´t panic, they will probably be fine.