New strains/genetics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by versicolor, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Hey there. I recently decided to cycle through all of my existing strains that I grow. Got kind of bored growing the same stuff and I wanted some better Genetics. I went with elev8 genetics and got twice baked runtz, sundae punch and sour patch kiss. Also got runtz muffin from barneys farm and some freebies from seedsman. White widow, sour Diesel, critical Kush and blueberry.

Had a bit of a setback with the elev8 seedlings. I over watered and it stunted growth for a little bit. Ended up replanting and they are all doing great now. Got 6 elev8 plants going in veg right now and the runtz muffin, WW and sour Diesel all in seedling/solo cup stage.

I'm excited to see what these strains/genetics end up looking like. Everything I had before was pretty good but all hand me down clones from friends and such. I never knew the origins of the strains or the breeders etc. I'll probably do it like this from now on. Grow these for a few runs and then cycle out and start fresh with new strains and genetics from different breeders. I was always hesitant to grow from seed. I just thought it was too time consuming and risky compared to cutting clones. But after growing from seeds I see it's not at all. It was all fairly simple, and they grow so fast that it actually doesn't really take more time than it does for roots to pop on a clone and to get it established and into veg. Pics are of the 6 from elev8 and then the 3 seedlings. Also included is a few pics of my last plants from my old strains. Couple more weeks left on the front plant and 4 on the plant in back. Thanks for looking.
    image000000_01.jpg image000000_02.jpg image000000_03.jpg IMG_20210607_211141455.jpg IMG_20210607_211137422_HDR.jpg IMG_20210607_211206609.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. @JoshuaE heres a look at some plants from same breeder yall wondering about....btw nice lookin so far man

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  3. I can take more pics too if anyone was wanting to see these genetics a little better. Just let me know. I just topped all six too. Looks like they are gonna be some nice big bushy plants when I switch them to flower.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Looking nice man. Clones might give you a touch of a head start, but it all ends up working out pretty close. I am a big fan of running quality seeds of known genetics. If I’m going to grow from clones, I like to wait until i turn one up that I know is special. I flower between 30 and 40 plants a year and there are only 3 that I am keeping moms from. Will get one in the rotation with my seed grown plants every now and again when my stash of one of those runs low. It’s a nice mix of trying stuff out while still mixing in some reliably excellent flower. Good luck man. Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  5. Thanks for the tag. @Megadethcloud
    just started some Elev8. I'm growing the Gorilla Cookies and am heavily favoring Strawberry Snow Cone from them for my new tent.

• Like Like x 3
  6. They do look good man if you keep this thread active I will follow along.

• Like Like x 2
  7. U got it bro

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. Got a few more pics. Seems like everyday they grow bigger. These plants hit a brick wall about 2 or 3 weeks after popping out of the soil. I over watered and thought for sure I was gonna lose them. But I didn't give up and managed to save em. So I'm pretty happy about where they are at.

First two pics are sundae punch. Next one is sour patch kiss and the last one is twice baked runtz. Twice baked runtz got a little heat stress. Must be that strain is sensitive to light and heat because they are the only ones that got that way. All strains in the same tent under the same lights etc. Also, I had to snap a pic of the grape god plant that is a week into flower. Gonna be about a 12 ounce yield from the looks of it. Grape god never lets me down. I don't think I've ever gotten under 9 or 10 oz from that strain.
    IMG_20210616_202057011.jpg IMG_20210616_202125225.jpg IMG_20210616_202144248.jpg IMG_20210616_202208704.jpg IMG_20210616_201505448.jpg IMG_20210616_200653424.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. The LIT Farms 4516 crosses are blowing my mind.

10. I'll have to look into that. Do you have more info on those?

• Like Like x 1
  11. That’s interesting. I guess when you grow that much you don’t care. But I am on a hunt for a few different meds. So I’m keeping moms of every seed I pop until I find out what the flower ended up being, then I’ll get rid of the moms and start new, until I find .the 2-3 strains I’m looking for.

12. Subbed.

Looking forward to seeing your WW, and hopefully the BB soon as well.
    Ive got one WW 5 days into flower, then another ww a month old in veg, and 2 bb in veg same age.

So really looking forward to seeing yours!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Not sure what your point is bro. That’s precisely what I do. I don’t flower anything until I have a clone of it and then decide whether or not she’s worthy to keep once the flowers are jarred up and sampled. My point was that I only run clones from a very selective group that I know are excellent. You do you. Enjoy your grow. Cheers

14. Lol it didn’t mean to be a critical statement, guess I didn’t word my statement right.
    Cheers!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. This is the 4516 base family tree and some of the crosses are listed.

Project 4516 (Grandiflora Genetics) :: Cannabis Strain Info

Ive only personally grown the "los muertos" so far but it was my all time best plant. Amazing leaf to calyx ratio (almost no trimming required). U can smell it from a mile away. And it packs a punch even Mayweather would be jealous of. Ive seen a few varieties of it that friends are currently growing. What a powerhouse.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I might have to invest in some of this

17. Got a few more pictures. I'm feeding full strength nutes now to the 6 bigger ones. I just replanted the 3 seedlings into 3 gallon pots. Those got a mild dose of nutes right after the transplant. Everything is looking good. The 6 should be bigger at this point but the over watering set em back a couple weeks. I'm ok with it though. I'll train the hell out of em and they'll be nice big bushy plants.
    IMG_20210618_172532500_HDR.jpg IMG_20210618_172554043_HDR.jpg IMG_20210618_172557396_HDR.jpg IMG_20210618_172600805_HDR.jpg IMG_20210618_172603115_HDR.jpg IMG_20210618_172605316_HDR.jpg IMG_20210618_172610684.jpg

18. Got any pics of your plants? Feel free to post em here. I'd like to see what you got going. I'll probably wait to germinate my blueberry seeds until I see what this bunch does.

19. I really want to snip those two big leaves on the plant at the bottom of this pic. It's been suggested that I don't do that but I'm tempted. There are about 4 new growth sites hiding under those big leaves. What would you do?
    IMG_20210618_172557396_HDR.jpg

20. I snipped the big leaves on these two and I like how they are growing as a result...
    IMG_20210618_172610684.jpg