Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New Strain, Obama Kush

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Saiko, Jan 26, 2009.

1. i got this in my garden. i recieved a cut from one of Oregon Green Free's mother plants for the grow classes, earlier this month. And I just got back from vancouver, bc where i was smoking nothing but purple kush bought from the dispensary up there run by the Vancouver Dispensary Society. They had 4 types of purple kush. The better of the 4 was STAR KUSH. but if this obama kush is purple kush renamed, i don't care if it's called antichrist. I'd still love it because it is the rare, clone only purple kush in disguise.

2. Obama is gonna be the man that's in office while cannabis gets legalized that why he gets a strain named after him and a cookie.

3. ^I doubt national legalization, but if the job crisis continues and debt keeps rising I think more states will push for mmj programs and possible legalization. 2 more towns in Colorado are putting it to vote and I could def. see it coming to a state wide vote. If Califiornia runs a big deficit again, more and more people are going to support the push for legalization.

4. California, then either Washington + Colorado will follow suit and the movement will work it's way east, good luck deep south.

5. Tried Obama Kush, and it's seemingly analogous to Bubba Kush.

Personally, the taste was rather harsh and while the aftereffect was pleasant, the actual aroma was not. Rough smoke, lots of coughing, etc. Maybe it was just that batch.

Love Bubba Kush, but I'd pass up the Obama I had for some NYCD anyday. :D

6. Sorry to revive this thread guys. But, because there isn't really anywhere else to find any info on this strain, I thought I would share some pics and my experiences with it. I live in Oregon. So I'm not sure if this is the same Obama Kush that was popular for a while in Cali. But I got it from a reliable source up here in my state. And still, it's super rare over here. I only know of 1 other person who for sure has this same cut that I have. Most of my internet research about the genetics of this strain says that it is purple kush. But, a guy down in San Diego told me it was Bubba. And, there was also a mention of it being close to bubba in this thread. So it might be bubba or it might be purple kush. All I know though, is that it is one of the frostiest strains that I have. And, I have 26 strains growing right now.

Obama's got dense nugs, a purple pastel/ light green color, good yield, and fast finishing time. Trichs get milky in week 6 and start turning amber in week 7. Can be cropped in 7-9 weeks depending on preference.

(Last pic is a side by side pic to show the color contrast)

Attached Files:

7. #127 Humboldt2Oregon, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2010
    I have to Digg this up again.

I'm very close to the Creator of the "O" and have pictures to post. Lets see if android photobucket works. Its simply called Obama, well the original strain anyway. It would win cups if it was ever entered and is considered the Number 1 variety in Oregon to many many experienced people.

Its been around for What 4 years now. And until recently was a very exclusive cut. Not my # 1 but its in my top 5, I'm old school. Yes Droid camera sucks

[​IMG]

8. Does it spend all of your money and leave you bankrupt like the real Obama? Does it look and smell great but then when you smoke it you realize you should have got a different strain because it sucks?

I mean, it should, because then it would match the President better.

9. That's what I assumed the genetics were. It tasted just like Purple Kush to me and the stacked calyx structure of the bud looked like a Kush. I picked some up from my local club (Portland, OR) yesterday. Really STRONG mellow high. If you overindulge it will put you to sleep. Here's a pic of the nugs from my iPhone.
    [​IMG]

10. Think you might be underestimating Oregon here...:rolleyes:

11. Creating an f2 hybrid takes little more than 6 weeds. :laughing:

12. Yeah wasn't that down there at the Mt. Hood wellness center right? Didn't they have a gram limit?

13. obama kush? sounds like a letdown. Ron Paul kush sounds much more appealing

14. I have one fantistic plant cant wait how long in flower?

15. I flower OBAMA for 50 days.. It will look done at 45 but be patient. If you drop the temps in the room to 63 it will turn very purple.

16. I read the genetics are 50% welfare and 50% gun ban.

17. i have a homiey who got obama kush in Cali super bomb shit i was high as fuck super piney smell to it unfortunetly he didnt even want to share any of it lol