New start

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by SkyedEyes, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Hey,

I'm looking to get healthy and lose some weight before the summer and I just need some advice as to what exercises and food plans would be most effective?

I have a set of dumbbells and a barbell at home right now. Used it everyday for about a year and then just stopped.

I'm also planning to run a few times a week to get in the "zone" .

2. Losing Weight---
    Ketosis diets
    Detoxes
    NOT EATING BAD SHIT
    carbs -( eat veggies! lots of veggies, oatmeal, quinoa) * try to restrict breads/cereals/pasta/junk foood *
    Protein - ( Eggs, beef, chicken, turkey, tuna, protein powders, and fucking fish!) omega-3 is the shit.
    Fats - nuts! (pistachio, almonds, cashews) all natural. Avocado!

working out to lose weight should consist of concentration on cardio. Swimming and sprinting are two amazing workouts, but any type of cardio will do as long as you eat correctly. I do some weight training and some High Intensity Interval training, which help maintain muscle while loosing weight.

you could also try P90x, its not ridiculously expensive and if you follow it you'll get amazing results.
    :smoke:
    idk, my opinions....take it easy

3. Are you Alon Gabbay? If not, why do you keep posting his website on here? There's practically no useful content on the site anyway. His ideas on nutrition are completely outdated.

In terms of training, this is a good place to start: Starting Strength Wiki

Nutrition is a very extensive and complicated thing. The most important thing to remember is that to gain mass, you must eat more calories than you use. Conversely, to lose mass, you must eat fewer calories than you use. I definitely agree with everything Chilltet said. Vegetables are the most important thing you can eat.

This gentleman (Lyle McDonald) is a cave troll whose sole purpose in life is to scour Pubmed and research journals for articles on nutrition. His information is some of the best out there.
    Nutrition Fundamentals | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald
    Protein | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

^^^Those are a good starting point. There are a lot of good sources of information on the internet and a lot of bad ones, so be wary. Look for people who link to their sources. EliteFTS and T-Nation also have great articles.