New start to my life.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Chilltoker420, Jan 7, 2012.

1. I've never been in the best shape my entire life. Recently i've been thinking about starting completely new with everything. Ive started a Vegetarian diet maybe a week ago and from this entire week of eating entirely healthy I feel great more energy, easier to get up in the morning less tired etc. Well today I went to the dentist and discovered I have 12 cavities which is really causing me stress. So Ive decided to take a break from smoking still eat healthy hopefully making that a life long thing and take school more seriously which I should have been doing since i'm a music major and music is something that really drives me. I'm not blaming this on smoking since smoking has helped me with alot of issues and getting over many things. This is for me which im sorry for the rant but its just a realization of something I must do. I'm not living healthy. So this is my entry of starting a new life goal of being healthy. Sorry for the rant I just needed to get it off my chest. If you guys have a story of a new beg you guys took i'd like to hear it for influence.

Thanks Grasscity for listening.
    Peace.

2. Hey man,

I am on a similar path as you, but I think I may have a few-months head start. First of all, I applaud you for taking the first step. Bravo! A good diet is a good start, add a daily workout (nothing crazy, 30mins in the morning or whatever you can manage) and you will triple your results. I kid you not.

But the most important step to accept and take is to know that smoking weed may cause you to lose your resolve over time. I recommend stopping altogether for a few weeks, and see how it feels. I'm not advocating becoming a pot-abstainer, but it's worth exploring for at least 2 weeks. If getting healthy is that important to you, sacrifices must be made.

Sucks, don't it? :)

Good luck!

3. Also, I might add-- I too am a musician (jazz), and I have realized that I have a much better insight to music theory/compisition when I am high. BUT, I am a much better player when I am sober.

THats just me.

4. Thanks man. Glad to hear your helping yourself also. I plan on running in the morning when getting to school. Im going to try to take a break from smoking hoping it will help. I just want to get over the stress I feel, especially about my teeth which is really putting a damper on my mood.