New sprouts!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dreamweav, Nov 13, 2006.

1. My plants just sprouted a couple days ago and I made the mistake of putting them in soil that was pre fertilized:( They have a little brown on the very tips of the bottom leaves! Did I make a huge mistake in doing this and do you think that they will be alright? Will transfering them to diff soil benifit me in any way? also a better picture of my plant at 1 month 1 week old :) . Thank you all for your input!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Just transplant them into different soil. They will recover.

3. Ok will do today thank you!

4. :bongin: Ok put them in better soil so they should be good...I will mut new pics on here in a few days! And im baked!

5. As long as the roots werent disturbed too much, the plants will recover quickly.
    Ill be sure to check how theyre doing in a few days.

6. Some new pics after a few days of new soil. One of the plants is really bad but the new growth doesnt seem to show any signs of the browing of beore. The other two are doing great! Heres a picture of my set up! 2 30 watt Cfls and a 20 watt flouro tube. Keep in mind this is just for small plants! I will be able to move them once my other plant is done flowering!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Personally I'd flush the soil with at least three times the amount of clean water that the pot could hold. It will help you to remove the extra ferts and reduce burn.

8. I'd say it's also be nice for them if you maybe picked up some new flouros for them and got a fan blowing on them ASAP. Those wimpy little stems will be like tree trunks in no time.....lol

9. wouldnt that be too much water???

10. Im not to worried about the lights because the plants will be moving into the grow room soon where there is a fan 4 cfls and 2 4ft flourors!

11. No it wont be too much water. You can only over-water if you constantly water when you dont need to. Once in a while is fine.

12. Even if you indeed on moving them, having only one light that far away will cause the seedlings to stretch. And the point of having a fan on them now is to make the stems nce and strong. If you have nice strong stems that aren't overstretched, your babies will be much better off down the road. (e.g. when you start to flower.)