new song

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by potsandplans, May 16, 2008.

1. well i am no expert but ill tell you my opnion.
    the bassline is nice. i really liked it. plus the synths.
    the only thing i didnt like so much is the tone of the ivory.if u'd chance it it would give another melody too the song.but again its just my opinio.it kinda of reminds me of a lullaby.
    btw.i listened to all of ur tracks..nice work... ;-)

2. hey thanks for giving me a listen and crit!

what did you mean by the ivory?

and also what did you think of the distortion on the drums that build up? I've gotten mixed reviews about that.

but thanks for your kind words, I am almost done with a new track but is more dance-y

I'm trying to go for an electronica dream pop sound with rjd2-esque drumming

3. ok so it turned out that I had put too much release on the organ and the notes would be sustained for too long, which ran into each other and eventually built up into what we thought was "distortion". anyway, i fixed that shit up, and did a little bit here and there, I think it sounds a lot cleaner, but still with that "wall of sound" effect during the climax. hopefully, it has become better.

I also have another new track, "Hope", which is more dance-y. any crits?

4. you have a kind of piano melody going on.guiding the song melody.its not called ivory?fucking polylex.
    well i hoped i explained it better. but its ur song.if its meant to be like that ..i am just telling how i would like it better.
    ps. i reall like the drums. they could use some development but still i liked it . keep the good work. i will listen to the other song sometime soon.

5. it sounds so better..
    from 2.17 to 2.36 it still doesnt sound clean. more like annoying.

about hope.it reminds e a lot of flow with me.try to play with some synths..you never know..good luck with your music..

6. between 2:13 and 2:30 or whatever that's the climax. which part of it annoys you?

and how does hope sound like flow with me? It's a completely different rhythm, chord progressions, tempo, drums, structure, and everything. the only things similar between the two is that i used the same organ to carry the melody. but thanks for the crit.. maybe i will use a different sound.

and i do use synths. that Flow with Me uses two. One I programmed to make the doompth type sound that starts out with the arpeggiated chords, and the other comes in later. "Hope" I think I have two in there too. The organ is from a sampler though.

but thanks, hopefully I will have good luck.

7. well the climax doesnt sound clear.not that it should be but the way it sounds it sounds like noise,not like a melody reaching a high.

its not like they sound like the same son but they sound too similar.
    as for synths i meant you use them instead of the piano notes you use for the melody.

which progamm are u using?

8. Fucking amazing, no criticism needed. Hope is a great track, keep it up man

9. blueend:

for the climax I was trying to create the "wall of sound" effect where its just like BORRHRHHGHH buzz like you can feel it (if it were played by a good sound system with good bass)

for your crit on hope, I guess I can see that. I'll look into it.

I am using Reason 4 right now with a piano keyboard as a midi controller. it looks like this:

[​IMG]

the automation lanes below are cut off though because i couldnt copy paste it all, but it is a phat, phat program. i would recommend it to anyone with a midi controller and are willing spend like a year learning Reason. Its possibilities are pretty much endless.

crackrockstdy89:

thanks a lot man, i appreciate your encouragement. Though I had finished Hope yesterday afternoon, I ended up working like all night last night (from about 2am to 5am) tweaking and perfecting it.

I caught a funny screen shot. or at least I thought it was funny at the time.. i was tired as hell, only up because i've smoked a bong.

[​IMG]

I'll keep you guys posted when a new song is made.