Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New smoker, looking for someone to answer a few noob questions!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by killtaculatron, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Hey,

I have a few buddies who smoke on a regular basis, however I thought I would try to get more answers from different people, possibly more experienced.

1. I live in an apartment, how do I keep the smoke alarms from going off and the smell out of the hallways?

2.Does smoking help you sleep? Does it make you tired? I cant remember because I drank the first time I smoked and the 2nd and 3rd time I smoked I smoked in the early afternoon, my hours for college are all fucked up and its hard for me to get to sleep sometimes.

3.How much money should I look into spending? Buying bongs / pipes / paper and the merchandise itself.... how much should I expect to pay?

Those are all the questions I have for now.... please answer them with respect since I am a noob smoker and I admit that. If they are answered somewhere else please just post the link, I don't to be flaming for not investigating the whole site for a couple quick and easy questions. Thanks people!

2. 1. I live in an apartment, how do I keep the smoke alarms from going off and the smell out of the hallways?
    They shouldn't go off. And use a towell on the bottom of the door and blow the smoke out a window if you can, just spray deodorant afterward.

2.Does smoking help you sleep? Does it make you tired? I cant remember because I drank the first time I smoked and the 2nd and 3rd time I smoked I smoked in the early afternoon, my hours for college are all fucked up and its hard for me to get to sleep sometimes.
    Yeh it helps you sleep and relax, if you use it appropriately.

3.How much money should I look into spending? Buying bongs / pipes / paper and the merchandise itself.... how much should I expect to pay?
    Only spend what you need to, buy your proffered smoking device.

Those are all the questions I have for now.... please answer them with respect since I am a noob smoker and I admit that. If they are answered somewhere else please just post the link, I don't to be flaming for not investigating the whole site for a couple quick and easy questions. Thanks people!

3. Ah, honestly my main concern is the smoke going into the hallways. The person who is in charge of the building comes to it every so often, however, cannot enter my room without me being present.

4. Hmmm im not to sure i've never been unfortunate enough to hide the fact i smoke.

5. 1. Make a Carbon Fan. If not U can also close all the windows, lock Urself in that room & put a towel on the bottom of the door.

2. The main reason I smoke herb is 2 sleep. Helps A LOT if U hav sleepng problems. Doesnt make U tired if U take it in the night (morning does)

3. U should invest in a pipe/bong. If not rolling papers- JAMAICAN HEMP.

6. Pipes/bongs R the best cause U can smoke anytime 4 free after U buy it. If U cant invest in 1 get rolling papers they cost about $1.75-3.00 & they bring about 33 papers each pack.

7. Okay thanks, Ill look into buying this stuff. Where can I purchase a legit pipe and or bong? I thought it was illegal to sell those?

8. Nah man they're legal, since technically they're sold for tobbaco use. Look for a local cigar shop, or do a search on google maps for headshops in your area. Or, just order something from right here on Grasscity :D

Make a sploof for smell. A sploof (however the fuck u spell it) is just a tube with dryer sheets stuck over the end. A used paper towel or (clean) toilet paper tube works fine. Put some sheets over the end and blow your hits out through it. Works like a charm, no one will smell anything outside.

9. Sploof, towel under door, open a window if you have one, get a fan blowing away from the door, get some Febreeze or incense or equivalent. Choose a smoking device that doesn't produce large amounts of smoke (such as a chillum/one-hitter/dug-out system). It works for me every day, and I have no windows. :)

10. Hey dude I just started smoking about 3 months ago so I know where you're coming from with this.

I live in a 4 bedroom apartment and even though all my roommates know I smoke and I either smoke out on the balcony or in my room with a towel under the door, the guy closest to me always says he can smell it when he walks out of his room. So warning is some of it will escape despite your best efforts sometimes and the towel will be visible under the door. But just say the towel is for sound barriers and use febreeze or something to get the smell out and cover it up.

Yeah I have fucked up sleep hours as well, and with some headies I can go to sleep real easily prolly 3 hours after I smoke. But without weed it takes me seriously 4 hours to go to sleep. It's helping me out a lot. But, the only thing I would warn against is what everybody says. Do the drug, don't let the drug do you. Don't let yourself become dependent on pot to go to sleep. That can lead down all the wrong roads. No offense to anyone who has.

And depending on whether you're buying dank or mids and how much you smoke would all go into the equation of how much you want to spend. Now there are different prices for different pieces depending on where you live. I'm in Clemson myself and go 20 minutes down the road and get a nice piece for prolly $10. Or I bought my bubbler (which I love like a child) for $40 and I love it. And bongs are more expensive then that. All depends on what type of smoking experience you want.

I hope this helps.

11. 1. I live in an apartment, how do I keep the smoke alarms from going off and the smell out of the hallways?
    ok just take the batter out of the smoke alarm or but a plastic bag over while u smoke. u probably wont create enough smoke to set them off ne ways.

smoking can help u sleep espcially mids cuz they make u tired after.

if u are rich i would buy a nice bong. but since u are a college student u might be broke, like me. buy some nice cheap spoons from grasscity to start off.

12. 1. - towel under the door, open the window, you should be good. i live in a dorm and as long as i blow it out the window, i'm good. if you're paranoid you can tape a plastic bag around the smoke detector but it's not necessary. febreeze or any air freshener spray should do the trick.

2. - yeah it definitely does. even if you don't smoke enough to actually make you tired, it relaxes you enough that it's easy to fall asleep even if you normally can't.

3. - buy a piece so it's a one-time investment and you don't have to keep getting rolling papers or dutches. get something decent but relatively cheap, idk how much you're willing to spend but i'd say no more than $50 for your first piece, more if you're getting a bong i guess.

13. 1 - Window
    2 - It usually energizes me and calms me at the same time, it's really hard to explain, but i 90% of the time smoke at night, and when I come down from the high i tend to get tired, not like pass out tired, but if i try to go to sleep, i'll be out in a good 5 minutes :D.
    3 - In my opinion, the only thing you would need is something to get the job done, I personally am about to buy a new spoon, spoons are my favorite way to smoke. A cool looking and nice spoon runs from 20$-50$

14. 1. Windows or just go outside.

2. It helps you sleep very much and you do tend to become tired as you come down from your high, 2-3 hours after smoking.

3. Buy a nice small bowl for $15 - $20 to start you off. From here you can look into getting other, more expensive and complex things such as bongs. Other than that, my suggestion is learn how to roll.

15. Thanks everyone for your responses..... I really appreciate it!