New Slow Loading Report Thread

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by Lizard King, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Slow to load pages on OXSLion.....

2. #82 subwoofer73, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
    Been having trouble for over 3 weeks now... I have flushed the DNS and nothing. Packets were sent..but none received. Request timed out with 100% loss.

3. I'll be back whenever this gets sorted out. I am too baked on sativa HQ mids to deal with this.

4. Worked like a charm. Thanks.

5. I am having pm issue's who do I speak with that.

Mobile PM issue's.

6. Anyone who still have problems please add following entry to your hosts file

178.22.232.118 forum.grasscity.com

and flush your dns.

I'll supply another IP soon , please note that attachments , photo post will not function on these 2 test servers. These servers have different web server configurations. We want to test and identify the cause of the slowness as much as possible.

7. To edit hosts file please follow one of the following articles according to your OS

Mac : How to edit the hosts file in Mac OS X
    Windows : This may sound silly suggestion to even post on Windows Reference but will help avoid some annoyance with Windows Vista and Windows 7. The host file is the one where one enters hostname and IP Address pair manually as against being served by a Name server (ex: DNS). As always the “host” file is under C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ or %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\ and hence cannot be edited by normal users.
    To edit the host file,
    Click Start – search for “Notepad“, right-click and select “Run as Administrator“. This should launch notepad with elevated privileges. Now, open the host file from the File menu, edit and save.

8. To edit hosts file please follow one of the following articles according to your OS

Mac : How to edit the hosts file in Mac OS X
    Windows : This may sound silly suggestion to even post on Windows Reference but will help avoid some annoyance with Windows Vista and Windows 7. The host file is the one where one enters hostname and IP Address pair manually as against being served by a Name server (ex: DNS). As always the “host” file is under C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ or %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\ and hence cannot be edited by normal users.
    To edit the host file,
    Click Start – search for “Notepad“, right-click and select “Run as Administrator“. This should launch notepad with elevated privileges. Now, open the host file from the File menu, edit and save.

9. [​IMG]

10. For the record, having no problems here.

11. That's 'cause Canada rocks...:D

Dryice...look up modifying your hosts file on youtube...just make sure you create a restore point first...just in case...;)

12. The secondary IP that can be used on your hosts file is

178.22.232.126 forum.grasscity.com

Anyone who faces slowness issues please check from both IP's and report us if you have any issues or not.

13. Where is said hosts file?

14. Windows(or from run %SystemRoot%)/System32/drivers/etc/hosts

15. HELL FUCKING YES ! that did the trick. thanks for all your help :)

16. I can confirm, as well, that it's working.

17. Which Ip is functioning correct ?

18. 178.22.232.126 is the one working.

19. I'm just gonna bump this for you...it got buried by the time mess up...;)

20. Can you please create a new thread about mobile PM issues and briefly explain the problem you are facing. I just tested and it works correct on iPhone app.