New sig i made

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Djamp_, Nov 23, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

100% made this, comments? :smoking:

2. There is a lot going on there....

You have a talent!

IF you are bored and want to make me one...I wouldnt mind having one themed around the Irish Republican Army...

...Hint Hint..

3. It'd be better if the focal point was stronger, but badass sig man. Text could do some work, but I really dig this.

4. nice signature man. the only thing needs fixing is the text.

5. Looks great man!

6. Hey how could I go about making a sig If I wanted to?

7. photoshop cs3 or cs

then go to gfxskool.com

ive been doing this for abotu a year now, on and off,

this is my first sig in...5 months lol

8. #8 f3ltz, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2009
    Nice sig, it would be even better if you followed the rule of third, you need a "center" point, like bananna said, a focal point. In overall the blending effects looks great, they are just a lil bit spreaded all over the sig imo. But yeah I like it man nice work. :)

@LittleGreenMan1, yes photoshop is your best bet if you want to get into gfx, but the best thing to do to learn it, is simply play around with it, ive been experimenting with photoshop for at least a year before i really got into creating. Tutorial always help, but i hate em, cause you end up copying someone else's work :X

9. well i took a photoshop class so i know my way around photoshop pretty well. but do you just make a document the size you want your sig to be then go to work or is there some special photoshop plugin that you need to do it correctly? what are the demensions of a good sig?

10. 300 x 125 is good

go to file > new > type in the dimnensions and make the layer transparent

click create

=)

theres no plugins to make good artwork, u have to use resources like: wallpaper, c4d's, fractals, brushes.

Making sigs isnt really easy, but it takes time and effor :D

you will get the hang of it

11. Yeah go like Djamp said, i usually uses sizes around Height : 200 Width : 300 But it also depends of the forum it'll be used on, like in here, i cant use most of my sigs unless i become vip.. And there is a lot of plugins (mostly "actions") you can get for photoshop that will automatically do differents types of effects on your work, but they dont worth it, always better to create it on your own then do something with these kind of tool since you'll end up with no diversity..