New SG Gridded downstem + Ghetto A/C

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by sourdyon, Aug 17, 2012.

1. So I finally decided to replace the stock diffy in my Illadelph

I ordered a 6 inch SG 190 Gridded downstem from @LT

and it finally came in the mail today :hello:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am currently ordering a Showerhead A/C from GMD but until that comes in, I decided I needed an ash catcher of some sort, so after hitting a few bowls outta the new SG I got to work and made this ghetto A/C from a bottle, my old illy downstem, and pen, and some hotglue :D

[​IMG]

The brown thing you see in the middle of the a/c is a screen that's holding some activated carbon. Ghetto rigging it until I get a replacement carbon filter lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This thing actually rips pretty hard :bongin:

Tell me what you guys think!

2. those SG downstems look super sick, i owned one for a little bit, but i never seemed to get all the grids to come even close to firing

their cool, but maybe try gettin a ice pinch slide or somethin and try it on the SG downstem. forget the a/c, it realy just constricts airflow

3. Yeah I love it so far, the bowl I have has a gigantic push hole in it so with a glass screen I get pretty good airflow.

Even with that a/c on I still get at least 3 of the gridded rows firing.

And really I don't care about a little drag, both downstems are open bottomed so their really isn't too much of it anywhere.

4. Not all grids will fire on a downstem like that. They are there to reduce drag