New Setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jollyk, Aug 9, 2014.

1. got a whole new set up since going completely legit on setup I'm thinking pull the shitty soil plants (tried homies setup with 1k mh had cfls) and they look like shit I'm thinkin hydro any thoughts

Sent from my LGL34C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 UpAndComer, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2014
    soil isnt shit lol it was all there was before anything else but only go hydro if you know you know what your doing they are completely different ball games soil is more forgiving to you fuck up in hydro you soon know about it 

3. I've done soil using ffof with good results just having trouble with ph hydro is a lil easier measure ph leave alone for a week

4. hey bro i dont understand what you were trying to say either 

5. I used cfls with Fox farm soil and pulled desent buds my buddy gave me a 1k w mh and hps with cheap hood and his homemade soil his homemade soil is at 8.5 ph and I had troubles dropping it to about 7 temps were at 88_90 now air cooled hood inline fan tent yada yada I'm just tired of fighting this soil so thinkin of starting over with hydro or at least Fox farm

6. they showed signs of deficancies from root lock and stress from heat now temps low took 6 hours to drop ph just tired of all that hastle

7. i understand but not all soil is like that find something that works for you 

8. on the other hand if you already know hydro then your sorted dude go with what you wanna do we are just opinions in the back ground in all reality :p

9. Or try a living organic soil? Water only start to finish with amazing results.

10. hmm I've used soil before ffof and it was easy to use good results just told hydro grows faster with a bigger yield easier to adjust ph put water in nutes oh wait a day if no bad signs it good I will be looking into organic living soil thx

11. I'll post pics 1 the bucket broke it fell hard probably gonna die all the rest just got flushed mosquito dunks an 8th nutes ph run off 7 was at 8 plus this was a day ago they look better but idk

12. all this shit has been a nightmare

Attached Files:

13. Best way to take it is as a learning experience. I have always used FFOF soil with good results. I just watch how much nutes to give to specific strains. Some can't handle much of anything at all through the whole grow, others can handle near full strength. But the pH is probably a big issue in your case.

With a new setup under better temps, soil, and overall conditions from the start you could have much better results.

How old are your plants?

14. about 2.5 weeks in veg

15. I am pretty high and tired right now, but I don't think they are all that bad for 2.5 weeks old. You're going to keep growing them yeah? I would, just give them more light and work on getting the pH balanced.

16. lol Ya I'm gonna keep um for know as of more light doubtful not much room for another light 1k mh should be plenty for a 4x4x7 tent another light another fan just too much money at the moment 250$ for another light

17. as for ph I think I dropped it enough to balance out at 6.8 at next water which is we're I'd like to be

18. Stop fucking with the ph, sure as the world you are chasing your tail. Fucking soil.
    I never ever PH soil, fuck that.

Hydro is simple, love it.  Cheaper too.

19. all my plants were dying I had to lower ph I'm not chasing tho lowered it to a good enough point now 6.8 water going in and Idk what it is comin out as far as hydro so I've research and garentee I'll be doin hydro next

20. here's a list of what I did wrong. 1 did not setup equipment prior to plants going in 2 didn't check temps or atmosphere before putting plants in 3 did not know enough about the medium before using it these things combined have caused me tons of hours of research and even more. stress