New seeds to try

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by budgetgrow, Apr 14, 2017.

1. I just got my order of seeds today. I'm not popping the freebies I got yet. This round I have 1 blueberry headband (lost 1 seed to the carpet), 2 Afgooey, 2 LA Confidential, and 4 9lbs Hammer. All seeds except for the 9lbs Hammer are feminized. I'm hoping for a male or two so I can do a little breeding.
    I'm growing directly in solo cups of promix. I slightly dampened the soil around the seed and then bottom fed more water. I don't want it soaked yet. I love trying new genetics!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 budgetgrow, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    So far 7 of 9 (lol) seeds has popped out of the soil. I won't bother with photos yet. Soil moisture level seems perfect.

3. All seeds have popped! Unfortunately two seeds sprouted in one cup so I have two mystery seeds. One must be afgooey and one is la confidential. I transplanted one of the sprouts to the empty cup and wrote both strains on the side of the cup. I'll identify them when they get bigger or maybe in flower.
    No more smoking while planting. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Day 4 since all of the seeds popped. All in red solo cups. I just threw them in the seedling tent under a 4 bulb 4ft t5. I'll take some pics tomorrow when there should be some growth to check out :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. They all look stretched! + Soil looks wet..needs more Perlite and some drying time..
    You can help w/ the stretching by moving soil up to about 1" below the starter leaves which will support them. Anything below the starter leaves are roots anyway.
    What light are you using? CFLs can be placed within 2-3" of tops without burning them ..I would fix all before they fall over and die
    You have a lot of seedlings to care for..:)

6. Thanks for the advice. They are a foot under a 4 bulb 4ft t5.[​IMG]

7. Hi
    My T5 is 7-8 inches from tops of my seedlings and I get nice tight nodes , T5 is same size as yours on full power.
    I have a fan blowing in between light and tops of plants and they seem to love it. I reckon I could get it closer but not tried as happy with close nodes.
    Sorting that now will help your grow in the long run

8. [​IMG]. Added sand to the tops of the solo cups for thrip protection. Also raised the container a few more inches so it's about 8 inches off the tops.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I found a seed on the floor today! Hoping it's the blueberry headband I lost when planting these!

10. They love you so far, looks great.

11. [​IMG] so far, so good. Waiting to see if the seed recovered from the floor will sprout. First real set of leaves are developing!

12. Day 12. Thinking maybe it wasn't a cannabis seed I found in the carpet. Lol. Guess we shall see! The other babies are still looking good.[​IMG]

13. Yup.... definitely not the lost blueberry headband seed... probably actual grass seed tracked in on someone's shoes. Lmao

14. [​IMG] I need to raise the light soon.

15. [​IMG]increased the distance of the light from the canopy yesterday. They are looking good so far!

• Like Like x 1
  16. #17 budgetgrow, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Time to start fim'ing a little in another node or two. [​IMG][​IMG]

17. The afrgooey is the one in the middle with the pen as reference. Today I looked at her and her leaves are starting to reach up for more light :). All dialed in!

18. Looking good mate
    Are you taking these the whole way under T5? I just got some flowering bulbs for mine the other day, not tried before

19. Nah, I have leds. I do need to throw the 9 pound hammer into flower so for sexing. I'm hoping for one male and 3 females, but honestly, I'd just be happy with 1 productive female. They will all go into flower for a week or two and then get revegged and cloned.

• Like Like x 2