New seeds purchased!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Big_Bud, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Just ordered for my next grow.
    I got auto pineapple express from Barney's farm, blue dream'matic from fastbuds and got Malabar auto from barneysB farm as a freevfr which I was pleased about.
    I plan to do another soil grow but this time have been really researching different soils.
    Now one thing that is confusing me is that I've seen lots of post telling people not to use nutes and other posts saying to use them.
    I was thinking about using biobizz light mix and adding nutes when necessary. That going to be ok?

2. Biobizz is organic right? I would use happy frog if u are going to use bottle nutes. Add 30% perlite and u will be very happy.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  3. I run 50/50 happy frog/ocean forest soil and add nutrients when necessary

• Like Like x 2
  4. It is yes but it's low on nutes as not to burn a young plant and you can add what nutes you need, they have their own range of nutes too. TheyveThad good reviews but my main concern is am I ok to use nutes with autos?

5. Btw I can't get fox farm soil because I'm in the UK hence me try to use a decent alternative

6. I did the mix frog ffof but I just switched to nectars line so frog would be milder

7. Also I haven't decided on whether to grow straight from soil or maybe go down the rockwool path and then just plant that directly into the pot. I've never used it before and have always gone seed to soil rather than any other method.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 A.Friend.Indeed, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    If you want to grow in soil theres an option for everyone depending on how much effort and money you want to invest.

Water only options are amended living organic soils, no-till and bio tabs. These are the easiest methods and great for autoflowers because theres less room for error. Dont need to ph, worry about when to start feeding nutes, have a shitload of bottles to hassle with every watering, dont need to flush.... also a lot would argue that organics puts out the best terpenes.

Here's a link for a easy water only soil
    Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners

No-till..
    No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Biotabs (available in uk)

Here's a link to mephistos grow guide. I suggest to read it all but at least read the sections between and including container styles and soil recycling. Great info for auto flowers.

PDF.js viewer

Then theres the bottled nutrient way and this is pretty self explanatory. Personally I have never used them but I hear biobizz, nectar of the gods, fox farms, remo, advanced are all good. Growing with bottles you will need to do everything I stated you will not have to do for organics and then some. Since you're in the UK I'm pretty sure the recommended soil is biobizz light mix for a light bottled style grow. I dont want to get into bottles as I have no experience with them sorry

• Like Like x 2
  9. I use Biobizz soil and all Biobizz nutts never had any problems with them .. Im in UK aswell so I went with Biobizz..

Sent from my SM-G928F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nice!
    Is it the all mix that you're using? You growing auto or photo?

11. Me 2

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

12. I'm using the light mix .. I only grow autos.. I have some girl scout cookies on the way which I can not wait to grow ..

I am gonna try regular seeds soon probley after I done the cookies ..

13. That's cool.
    What nutes are you using?

14. Use all Biobizz line
    Topmax
    Big brow
    Big bloom
    Bio heaven ( is a must )
    Bio Ali

I would like to try and add other nutts like some advance nutts but still a bit unsure if they can be mixed with other nutts like Biobizz..

Biobizz simple and easy to grow with ..

15. Well it came yesterday.
    I currently have a little auto which was s bit of an experiment maybe and was in need of a little nutrients so I thought I'd just give her some just to see if there's any adverse effects from my lack of knowledge etc.
    Because of her need for nutes I have her all 3. After putting her back in the tent I forgot to turn the lights back on and went to bed.
    After realising this morning what had happened I immediately took her out to check and her buds already seem to have had a positive reaction.