New Seedlings outdoor on there own.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Nostunna05, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Hello, Everyone. This will be my second grow, hopefully this one goes better than the first. My first grow was going great, until I over fed my plants w/ plant food. I could tell I over fed them because they were burnt out due to the acidic level in the soil. I wouldnt be so disappointed in myself if I would have played it safe and started out with the hundreds of regular seeds I have, but instead I started out with high grade seeds. Kandy Kush 4 females, and 1 Purple strain of some sort, and I blew it.. lol but its all good. I know ill get it right this time.. I have pics take a look.

HERES MY QUESTION THOUGH, I TOOK MY FIRST GROW OUTDOORS, WHEN THEY WERE 1 1/2 TO 2 WEEKS OLD, THEY HAD 2 LEAVES, SOME HAD 4 LEAVES. NOW IM GOING TO TAKE MY SEEDLINGS THAT HAVENT EVEN BROKE SURFACE YET (JUST PLANTED THEM TODAY.) OUTSIDE LATER TONIGHT PROBABLY IN AN HOUR ILL GO. BUT SINCE I WILL NOT HAVE THE ADVANTAGE OF KEEPING A CLOSE EYE ON MY CROP, SINCE ITS GOING TO BE AWAY FROM MY HOME. I WAS TRYING TO FIND A METHOD TO HELP THE PLANT RETAIN ITS MOISTURE, UNTIL THEY EMERGE FROM THE GROUND, SHOULD I PLACE A PLASTIC BAG OVER THE TOP TO CREATE A GREENHOUSE EFFECT.

Supplies:

*Shake N Feed, Citrus, avocado, and Mango Plant food. (says "Keeps Plant fed for 3 months"; 13-7-13

*Organic Choice Pot Mix.; 0.10-0.05-0.05

*Liquid Plant food; 8-7-6, will be mixed with the water, just a couple drops will vary as the plant gets bigger, every other day or 2.

*Turf Feeder; 29-3-5

*Mixed about 1/5 of the soil with a sandy white, clayish dirt from my back yard looks like healthy soil. as well as a hand full of shake n feed, and turf feeder in the fertilizer I made for the plant.

Thanks for the help, I surely will return with more questions, and advice/experience as I go through this grow.

Attached Files: