New Seed..How much Light?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jash1240, Feb 14, 2010.

1. I was told my germinated seed, which i just planted in a small pot of Miracle gro soiless mix (i kno its not the best but its all i got) that it needs to be in a warm dark place...So do i not need to have any light on it? should i put a box over it in my closet and when should i put Compact Flourescent light on it????

2. well
    some people vary

Iv grown all 3 of my plants with lights from the get go.. I dont germinate or anything

put seed in soil and throw lights on.

But you can have it sprout in 2-3 days without any lights correct

3. I hate to threadjack but how long does it usually take to see sprouts?

4. bout three days

5. I just started my plants a week ago and my babies are like 2-3 inches tall. How much light do they need? I've heard too much light at the beginning can actually slow down growth? One my bigger of the babies I have a 27 watt daylight CFL, and when I switched from my 13 watt tube flourescent to the 27 watt it stopped growing. But I did transplant it at the same time from a tiny starter cup into a 6" pot. At what stages should I use how much light? What I have available right now is a 18" tube flourescent that I think is 13 or 15 watts, 27 CFL, and a 250W MH.

6. i grow with my lights on from day 1. I don't germinate either, it's unnecessary stress.

7. So you don't grow anything then? nice one dude.

8. The fastest I've germinated was 3 days. 24 hour soak, then into plugs (the nicest ones you can find, screw jiffy)

The fast ones will be open in 36 hours, slow ones will take 48. I try to plant them before they extend the tap root out of the shell. I've left hard shelled seed in the water for 36 hours, and few opened submerged. 100% germination in that run.