New seed germination technique

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Photosythetic, Jun 23, 2006.

1. i wasnt sure where to put this so here it is: I tried this 3 times and all of the times the germination rate was higher than that of soaking seeds or putting them between paper towels. what you do is you go about the soaking germination method as u usually would, putting seeds in water until they pop (not too hard). if you want to improve the germination percentage you need to invest a LITTLE money. go to a pet store and get a bubbler (not a pipe). it's a little machine that pumps air into an aquarium so the fish dont run out of oxygen. some have a rock looking thing at the end of the hose so it blends in with the tank scenery but a lot of them are just little hoses. now plant roots LOVE oxygen so if you keep the bubbler running in the water that you are germinating the seeds in it will encourage he seeds to pop because of the large amount of oxygen. when they do sprout the roots will QUICKLY get extra long for a germinated seed (about 1 inch) because the growth was sped up by the oxygen. this is also the reason that you should use loose soil for growing cannabis. i have never heard of anyone doing this before but once again, it works. i just wanted to post it up so others could use it.:D

2. +rep for the great idea man, sounds like it could work great

3. i'll try that.

4. Wow awesome, im trying this tonight.

+rep for that man.

5. thanks for the compliments guys... i hope that the info. helps you out in the future

6. so just wondering if anyone tried it and how it worked out ffor em.
    -josh

7. pretty much the same thing as using a bubbler with clones, so I see why it works, but still.. be careful with it... a little seed with a taproot is much more delicate.

I might try it with the air pump I'm ordering to make my bubble cloner. will do it in a wide tub of water though so i can easily reach in and pull the seed out without having to roll it around trying to get it out of a cup.

8. wow, sounds like a great idea.

the next time i germ i will be trying this on a few beans to test it out.

9. Great idea. Allthought isn't 1 inch kinda long for the tap root before you plant?

10. It is long, but if your delicate your plant should be fine.

This method worked great for me, I just plopped in about 50 bag seeds to see what the success ratio was like, only 3 smaller immature looking seeds were the only ones to not pop, awesome tip.

11. #12 Deleted member 33396, Jun 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2023
    {DELETED}

12. Probabbly if warm, around a day. This is a great idea though, once I find myold fish tank bubbler Ill be sure to check this out. +rep:cool:

13. sounds like a good idea my freind.try that tonight see what happens,fingers crossed.:smoking::wave:[​IMG]

14. i was told that a fish pump on all the time helps plants grow!

15. well done man. +REP

16. Had this idea a while back but I actually tried it last night with a germinated seed and in under 24 hours its already barely sprouting through the soil.

17. Nice idea man. I have a small air pump for my fish tank that im currently not using. I know theres a way you can use it to help germinate them but can you use it when they are planted?

18. Im using mines when my plant is planted in soil.. It provides oxygen to the roots quicker so im guessing its good!

19. how did you get it to bubble in your soil? i want to try this on my grow! PM me